Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, August 1, 2013

An exhausting day

Got up early to take care of all the errands and chores I did not get to yesterday.  I am pretty beat from all the research I have been doing on mother's chronic back pain, the heat and just plain physical fatigue.

Drove dad's old car into town and rolled both windows down...actually the heat was not so bad using this arrangement but then again it was only 98 degrees at the time.



True to my procrastinating ways...I usually put off buying my license plate tags to the last minute.  Was expecting a big crowd but there was only one person in front of me.  Living in a small town does have its advantages.

Went by the hospital to pick up a copy of mother's MRI for her upcoming appointment in San Angelo, Texas.  It paid to call ahead of time or I would have had to make two trips.  Was told I had to take a letter signed by her authorizing me to pick this up on her behalf along with her picture I.D. as well as mine.  It is good to see they have measures in place to protect patients records.

I went to HEB to pick up a couple of items, was going to use their free phone to call Mom.  It appears that either it was not working or they disconnected it :-(   Oh well...I am still not going to buy a cell phone!

For my European readers who ask that I keep posting the gasoline prices in the States...here are the going prices in Del Rio, Texas today.  I apologize for the poor quality...I took them through a dirty windshield! Click on the pictures to enlarge.




Late this afternoon I took a two hour nap, got up at 9:00 p.m. and had to go water the trees and plants that are looking pathetic with the three digit temperatures we have been experiencing lately.  It took me two hours to water them and I could have probably stayed out there a little longer.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


6 comments:

  1. I bought gas yesterday, mid-grade $3.36 a gallon. Out here (Des Moines Iowa area) the reg gas is pure-gas (no alcohol) and costs more.
    There was a thing on the news the other night that said they were going to cut way back on the pure gas out here in Sept so they were expecting the price to jump another 30 cents a gallon more.
    My RV gets way better mileage on pure gas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $3.36 a gallon is a pretty decent price for your area especially for being pure gas.

      Delete
  2. Most doctors (ours included) post everything on line. That means all our medical records are out there in cyber space for as long as computers exist. It seems paper information is a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her doctor inputs everything into the computer but I believe these are safe guarded or at least I hope so.

      They do print out the report because her file is the size of what a big city telephone book used to look like.

      Delete
  3. Trying draping a wet (but not dripping) towel over your shoulders whilst you're in the car. If cools you down beautifully, and is easy to refresh at the next gas station :)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.