Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, September 30, 2013

Christmas in September

Had a lot of errands to run this morning and even though I set the alarm for 7:00 a.m. kept on waking up all night long.  Decided to get up at 5:30 a.m. something that seldom happens.  Almost had a tragic event as I went to bring the car from the garage/carport area to the front of the house.  It was still dark and when I backed out the car, the lights shone on this lump on the ground.  Got off to check what it was as I did not feel a thump or anything like it.  Saw it was Waldo (the cat) all curled up in a ball.  Waldo, Waldo I screamed he opened up one eye and meowed but not a painful meow but a "can't you see I am sleeping kind of meow"...what a relief I did not kill him!  What was he doing asleep at 7:00 a.m. and why wasn't he under dad's old car like he always is?  Darn cats...they have a mind of their own!

You will be glad to know that I had a meeting with my CPA this morning and all my tax documentation is in his capable hands.  I can now forget about that horrible subject for another year!

While it was still early enough decided to make a trip to Wal-Mart.  Went to see if they had any lawnmowers on sale as it is the end of the season and what did I find?  No lawn mowers, gardening stuff, grills or cook-out stuff but CHRISTMAS IN SEPTEMBER!!!




Whatever happened to waiting until after Halloween?  Even then we still have Thanksgiving!  I guess if people did not buy stuff so early then they would not put it out?  By golly it was 90 degrees today...who can get in the Christmas spirit in this kind of weather?

Like to see all the vehicles that park at our local Wal-Mart
For my readers that follow gasoline prices...these were the local prices around town today Sept 30th.





Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. All this tax aggravation about taking your paperwork to an accountant? I understand now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob the hard part of doing taxes is the gathering of all the data and having to go through as in my case tons of boxes to find the needed receipts and invoices to back up the deductions.

      I only attempted to do my taxes on my own back in 2011. If you go back and read those posts you will find that I almost had a nervous breakdown in the process.

      First and last time I ever attempt to do them on my own. Have found it is best to hire professionals that know what they are doing.

      Delete
  2. I guess your lucky that they don't sleep up under the hood of your care or truck like they do up here (5' to 10') at night . Have seen plenty of stray kittens go to Heaven that way. When I had an old farm house you had to bang on the hood or look up under the wheel wells....Crazy what Wallmart, Kmart and the other big stores do anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitively be more alert next time. I would not want to send any cats or kittens to Kitty Heaven before their time.

      Thank you for commenting Joey.

      Delete
  3. Glad the cat wasn't hurt. Don't you know that they own the world? Just ask one and they will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad he was not hurt either. Having had cats most of my life I am aware of their altered ego :D

      Delete
  4. And oh Wow!! That is an expensive rig parked there. That cost almost as much as the national debt. . . well, maybe not quite that much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy Ms B,

    This is so funny, CHRISTmas in September !!!!!
    Sure glad to see those gas prices, out here in West Texas we're still paying $3.29..
    Could you send me that HEADER PIC OF TERLINGUA you had on there, please !!!

    butterbean carpenter
    RunningStar Ranch
    Coleman county TEXAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Butterbean!

      I change my header an awful lot as I tend to get bored of looking at the same picture and I have a lot of Terlingua shots. Which one in particular are you taking about?

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.