Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Feeling Testy

My mother's neighbor parks his family vehicles along our fence line and he once again mowed that area yesterday...guess he was giving me a hint?  Too bad...I will pretend I did not get it...it is bad enough I have to put up with his stepson, his loud music and beer guzzling friends on the weekend.

While it may be fall in other parts of the country here in Del Rio it is hot as hell.  It was 94 degrees as I made a feeble attempt at cutting down some of the tall grass using my garden shears.  After two minutes I pretty much decided it was futile and since I do not have a dreaded HOA to deal with...it can stay that way!  This gal does not like yard work!

Decided to come back inside and face my real demons at this particular time...my taxes :-(  

Please don't lecture me about getting them done on time, blah, blah, blah....I get enough of that from my mother.  I am and have always been a procrastinator and at this stage of my life it is not going to change.  So if you don't see me posting...in a nutshell that is the reason why.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Someone is always trying to dish out hints, but they're easily ignored most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Tffnguy! Fortunately for me I ignore most of them :D

      Delete
  2. I assume that you paid any taxes owed (estimated) back in April when you filed your automatic extension. If that is true then I don't know why you are worrying about taxes now. Don't file at all! The IRS will sort it out in a year or two and send you a delinquency notice if you underpaid. There may be some extra amount added on because you did not file but you get to ignore the filing altogether until that happens. IF you think you might get some money back then you can put off filing indefinitely, the IRS will not just send it back to you.
    Relax, you have put off preparing your taxes for this long why start to worry now. You still have over two WEEKS before the filing is due.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you say that in jest Ed, but just to set the record straight...I am a "procrastinator" not a "tax evader".

      I have no problem paying my fair share of taxes and I always send in more than I think I owe on April 15th just to cover my rear end. Now it's time to get some of that money back...but I HATE having to get all my tax information ready so I can take it to my CPA.

      Delete
  3. The IRS has been very fair with me. They have sent money back to me after refiguring my tax and found that I didn't take all the deductions I could. I have never had any problems with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never dealt directly with the IRS, as I have always hired a competent CPA do my taxes

      There are too many tax laws, loopholes, and deductions for me to try to navigate through... that is why I hire professionals.

      Delete
  4. Howdy Ms Belinda,
    I haven't filed a tax return in almost 20 years.... I haven't made the minimum amount in that time... Up until my wife died, she paid on what she made as an ivididual and left me out... After she died I haven't made a dime of my own and what I make on annuities doesn't come up to the level... My SS is so low it doesn't either..
    Hope y'all get'er dun and have a HAPPY DAY....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Butterbean! You do not know how fortunate you are not to have to file a tax return :(

      I am slowing getting her done. Thank you for commenting and you have a happy day as well.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.