Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

It was a busy day and will be a busy month

Darn it all...I am not a morning person but for the third time this week I have been up at the crack of dawn.  If you have been following this blog for a while you also know that I am not too fond of coffee unless I am freezing to death in Terlingua, but that is another story....

October is really a busy month even though I am ahead of the game having filed my taxes early (OK, early for me)...I also have my parents vehicles that need tags and inspections and of course getting ready for the CASI Chili Cook-off, which in and of itself takes a LONG time to prepare for.

I was up so early I fixed me a cup of coffee just to be able to stay awake.  Then the coffee made me jittery and nervous...I actually wanted to throw up :(

After giving my mother her morning medications, I tried to take a nap but the owners of the corner lot had the cement truck pouring the substance on the new fence they are building.  Why?  I have no idea...their old fence looked fine to me and they do not even live there or have some type of a fixed structure on their land.


I spotted the propane truck going into the sub-division and decided to call him on the spot...so he would not make me wait for days, like he has in the past.  We are good for at least until the end of the year.



It got to 86 degrees today but in the sun it felt a lot hotter.  I got my garden shears and went to town on the two to three foot grass growing in the front yard.  Boy, do I ever miss my little John "Walter" Deere :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.