Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, January 26, 2014

A gorgeous 86 degree day in Del Rio

Even though the weather forecast called for a high of 80,  for some reason I was skeptical. Surprise... it reached 86 degrees in January...if you are in the northern states...please don't hate me :-)

Took advantage of it and got a lot of outside chores done.  Of course this perfect weather will not last long as Tuesday another strong front will hit us.

Was asked how my jello shots turned out.  Sorry to say...awful!  I don't know what I did but the jello did not set right.  While it reeked to Tequila and had a nasty taste, I did not feel any effects. Wondering if the boiling water cancels out the liquor?  I think I will let my friend prepare them and I will stick to my beer.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. "Wondering if the boiling water cancels out the liquor?"

    You can stop wondering. If you had the Tequila mixed in with water the brought it to a boil you boiled off all the alcohol. The boiling point for alcohol is about 173 degrees so it is gone before the water boils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mixed the boiling water with the jello....then after I mixed it for about two minutes... I poured 1 cup of cold water THEN one cup of Tequila.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.