Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Trees in bloom in February

Yesterday afternoon when we got home I noticed that the trees in the front yard had started to bloom, mighty early even for West Texas considering it is still winter and this is the month of February.


Mother's "Nosey Rosie" neighbor who lives two lots down has his trees in full bloom, not partially like us. They are beautiful...then again he is always outside watering them...as he keeps a watchful eye on what the neighbors are up to. :D


For now I am happy that those hideous mesquite trees are still dormant!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

9 comments:

  1. I don't recall what the mesquite trees look like, but what I can't stand are creosote bushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you put mesquite trees in the little box on top left of the blog, I have more than a couple of pictures of those horrible trees.

      We also have creosote bushes and I prefer them a million times over those darn mesquite which are almost impossible to get rid of.

      Delete
  2. MsB:
    When the mesquites bloom, you can be sure that all danger of frost or freeze is behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I hear Suerte and in 8 of the last 10 years they have been right.

      Delete
  3. Does that nosey neighbor see what's happening with Walter?
    I have iris and some bush blooming, always forget it's name. It's always the first to bloom here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, our nosey rosie neighbor is too far down the road to be able to see the goings on in the corral.

      Delete
  4. It has been alternating beween summer and winter here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of like here Dizzy. Sure to miss my house :-(

      Delete
    2. Meant to say "sure do miss my house"...need to read what I write!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.