Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, November 7, 2014

Much needed rain event

On Tuesday November 4th, the much anticipated rains started falling in Del Rio. It has been a long time since I have seen it rain in such a beneficial manner.  It rained enough to soak into the ground, would quit and then start up again.  No flash floods, no ponding, just wonderful slow falling rain.

As I sit here at the library it is 64 degrees outside and it feels great! Maybe a bit cooler inside since they just turned on the air conditioning.  I have been meaning to come into town but I do not like driving on wet roads and besides I am still recuperating.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. To tell the truth I think most of us down here are tired of the rain. Finally got enough solar this afternoon to fully charge my batteries and I'm sure happy at that. Spending the night with out being able to use the computer or get online is not my idea of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured as much, I knew your solar would be running low with all the clouds. At least your batteries are fully charge now and your water catchment full.

      Once again thank you for the good conversation, great company and spectacular views.

      Delete
  2. We also got a good soaking slow rain over here on this side of Texas yesterday. Today was a beautiful, cool day. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd give up my computer, tv, and all that stuff for a good, soaking rain here in Sacramento. Enjoy it while you have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gypsy I do not think I would go as far as you though I have already given up on the TV but not my computer even though without internet it is basically worthless.

      Hope you see some rain soon in your area.

      Delete
  4. It's great to see you, really miss you. You were one of my every day blogs.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.