Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Finally...gasoline under $2.00 a gallon!

While many cities in Texas have been enjoying gasoline prices of under $2.00 a gallon, it has taken a while to reach our little town. Uvalde, Texas 70 miles east of Del Rio was enjoying these prices last week.


Today I decided to feature different gasoline stations rather than keep on boring you with Stripes and HEB.


I had so many errands to run today.  Some I got to...others will have to wait a little longer.  I have been hauling my recyclables in the trunk for a week now.  Finally made it to the recycling center.


Got rid of my plastics, steel cans, glass containers, newspapers, cardboard and junk mail.


Billy Bob, if you are reading this I also went to pick up the ingredients to make the chili recipe you recommended.  While I am aware that chili does not have beans...I plan to follow your recipe to the letter. I had no idea there were so many kinds of Bush beans but I never found the ones you told me. Since I was working from memory (we all know about my CRS)  I forgot all about the yellow onion. Looks like it might be a few days before this chili gets cooked :D

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about the chili also, but since I'll be doing some traveling soon I want to use up all the stuff in my freezer.

    I'm trying to get my daughter to take some glass, cans & plastic to the recycling center soon. I save mine and add it to hers - the money she gets from it goes into the girls' college accounts. The youngest girl told her mom, "I can just spend my money because I'm not going to college". That's from a 5 yr old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so weird Gypsy, every time I try to answer either on your blog or in this one and I do a Preview instead of a Publish my reply goes to "comment heaven"...:-(

      Delete
    2. Finally got my comment to take!

      You are lucky that where you live they pay you for your recyclables. In Del Rio you don't get a penny just the satisfaction of knowing you are helping the environment.

      I had to smile at the comment your 5 year old granddaughter made :)

      Delete
  2. Chili would be good during this cold spell that Texas is having, at least east Texas was done in the 50's this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we are the envy of nation as our temperatures aren't that bad. Of course...in the 50's WE are freezing to death! :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.