Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Nice cool weather

Yesterday and today we have had rather chilly temperatures for this part of the country.  Yesterday it was 55 degrees in the morning and today it got down to 48.  A sharp contrast from the 90's of a few days ago.  No complains here, I am loving this weather.

For the past couple of days we have had strong winds as well, glad they are gone.  Tried to do a blog post two nights ago but once again I was jinxed by the Internet gods!  So as not to bore you I will put the message as a Cyber Journal note for future reference.

Would you like to see the Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight for free and live along the Mexican border?  TV Azteca is carrying it live for free in Mexico whereas in the United States it is a pay-per-view event.

How do you do that?  Unplug your cable connection from your TV and do a channel scan to pick up the Mexican channels that are beamed to the border from Mexico City.  It is going to be carried by channel 7 but in HDTV's I believe it is channel 25.1 or something like that. It will be broadcast starting at 9:00 p.m. This has been a public service announcement :)

Not much going on except me being glued to the TV watching the playoffs.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Cyber Journal Note

Web acceleration Client Error (515.2)  Upstream TCP Connection Establishment Timeout.

The web Acceleration Client could not create a TCP connection with the web server or proxy server. Retrying the web page may connect the problem.

Did a Windows Network Diagnostics and it gave me the following message....The connection between access point, router or cable modem and the internet is broken.

How did I solve the issue?  Unplugged the modem and router and went to sleep!

13 comments:

  1. You sure did solve that problem by unplugging and going to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a creative solution! I don't know about you but I'm getting tired of a computer controlling my waking hours. I don't know if I could limit my access time to just a couple times a day, but I ought to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few times like today, I am able to get online during the day. I usually do not go online until close to midnight but end up staying until almost dawn. However, with the playoffs my internet time has been curtailed.

      Delete
  3. I have called customer service in the past with Hewlett Packard, ATT and others I don't recall and talked to people in India or Pakistan or wherever and the first thing they always told me to do was turn off the computer or modem, wait a few minutes and turn it back on. That usually works!

    YOUR Spurs pulled out a squeeker last nite and I'm glad of it! GSG!!!!

    Headed to Colorado til next Monday so I won't be able to chastise you for misrepresenting OUR SPURS!!! Ha! Hope I come back to a Sprockets/SPURS series to get all stressed out about so we can start all over with playoff series 2.

    Be nice, Ss. In Pop I Trust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, it was a close game. We got lucky with that Boris Diaw miracle shot not to mention the DeAndre Jordan basket interference. It was the type of game that raises your blood pressure because it could have gone either way.

      Have fun in Colorado. You are right...it will be a very stressing series with the Houston Rockets.

      What do you mean "misrepresenting OUR SPURS?"....:)

      Delete
  4. PS - your pic of the flowering prickly pear nestled amongst the very green mesquites is very nice. Remember this pic before the leaves and patties are covered in dust in a coupla months. Best time of the year is NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have it my way, I am going to cut the new patties and eat them... "nopalitos" as so good!

      This is my favorite time of the year :)

      Delete
  5. Believe it or not night before last it got down to 36 degrees here. (according to the outdoor stat.) Nice 84 degrees now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 36 degrees in late April must have felt like heaven :)

      Delete
    2. Actually it was down right cool. I used the heater that night.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm OK, Sb...a little disappointed but after we lost Game 6...I knew we were done for the season.

      We will retool and acquire some great but yet unknown foreign players, some will retire and others we will trade but as long as the nucleus remains intact ( Pop, Kwahi) we will be contenders once more.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.