Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Feeling weird

When daylight savings goes into effect I am usually in Terlingua and it is the last day of the cook-off. Not this year as the cook-off takes place on the first full weekend in November and that wont be until this weekend.

I believe this is also the first time in a while that I spend Halloween in Del Rio. It makes no difference, we live too far away and no kids have come trick or treating in decades.

For some reason I am not as giddy as I usually am come cook-off time...have no idea why.  There is no anticipation no excitement...no nothing...hopefully it is only temporary.

Now that I have finally been able to access my blog e-mail account, I came across a bit of sad though anticipated bad news.  Irwin, late Betty's husband passed away.  I knew he would not last long without her. They were such a perfect couple and even at their age, the love and respect they felt for each other was something beautiful to behold. May you rest in peace Irwin next to your beloved Betty. They were an institution at the cook-off and will be dearly missed!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


2 comments:

  1. I hope as the time for the cook-off grows closer you will get more excited about it. Also, being there and seeing old friends will brighten your mood.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.