Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, December 27, 2015

I must have been a naughty girl... :(

Hi readers, hope everyone had a great holiday.  I must have been a naughty girl this year...again...since Santa forgot to visit me once more :(

Did not do anything special, just stayed home.  I overheard mom tell my uncle that she wanted to eat Bacalao (cod fish) a traditional Christmas dish in some Latin American countries.  Since I had some in the freezer, attempted to make it for our Christmas dinner.

I have made it before after watching countless YouTube videos but I do not know what happened this time...it was awful!!!

We have had absolutely beautiful weather in the 80's.  That is up until this morning.  We had high winds, sleet, and snow flurries.  Called my nice Houston neighbor to inquire about the tornado warnings and weather in my neighborhood...but she was asleep at noon and again early this evening.

Garland Girl, hope you and your family are alright.  Thought about you when I watched the news.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I do not know how I could call myself a Spurs fan, when I forgot to watch the game last night! Good thing we won.  Why did I not forget to watch the game against the Houston Rockets?  Now, that was forgettable!





8 comments:

  1. Ms. Belinda, thank you for your concern! We did fare well thankfully, although it was very very close to us. The house that my son lives in is in the middle of the disaster zone, but thankfully made it. All is well here, and our loved ones are safe as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear you and your loved ones are well. The images on TV were heartbreaking.

      Delete
  2. Over here in the Houston area, we just had high straight line winds and lots of rain. No damage here at my place, just really wet and now it is cooling off some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you did not have any damage at your place. Bundle up, it should be cold in all of Texas this evening.

      Delete
  3. I have a feeling that 2016 is going to be a doozy for bad weather! Glad you are safe, and find a different recipe for the bacalao. I've never eaten it but think it's such a pretty word! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess my memory is failing me...For some reason I thought your son's mother-in-law made Brazilian style bacalao :(

      Delete
  4. Hey Naughty Girl - went to the SPURS game last nite against the spRockets. My cousin has season tickets since the old Hemisfair Arena days. The new $120 million remodeling turned his $100/ seat to a small 18" wide with zero knee room. Intolerable. His complaints will go to unlistening ears for the next 12 years. So uncomfortable that we spent the 2nd half at a club/restaurant inside. At least out boys won. Feliz Ano Nuevo, Ss! And GSG!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feliz Ano Nuevo Sb!!!

      Hopefully one day I can actually say I was present at a Spurs game. Despite the lack of knee room, I envy your cousin :(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.