Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Like a call from the principals office...

Yesterday we tried a new lab to process mother's blood work.  It is part of the clinic were her primary physician is located.  I like this location because there are no long lines to register and a short wait for the draw.  Her primary physician can also order tests to check her thyroid levels that have been previously ignored by the other labs despite having his orders.  I tell you if this happens in this small town, I can only imagine what takes place in the big cities.

This morning I got a call from her doctor's nurse telling me that mother's lab results show her thyroid levels to be out of control.  I have never had children but I felt like a parent who had just received a phone call from the principals office letting me know my kid had misbehaved!

You see mother has never believed she has a thyroid problem.  Last time I ordered refills I asked her why she still had a lot of pills left for that medication and not of the other when I refilled them at the same time.  Silence...all I get from her is silence...grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

As of tomorrow I will personally administer her medication once more.  Now she is going to have to take an even higher dosage to bring it under control.

Which brings me to another issue.  I had recently been given a medication for my high levels of glucose and yesterday I received an e-mail asking me to participate in a study of this medication and offering money to do so.  I was going to send it to the junk file when it dawned on me...how did they find out about this?

I have a separate e-mail where I only receive correspondence from my doctor's office and from HEB Pharmacy.  I can not blame HEB because I did not have my medication filled there.  I can not blame Walmart Pharmacy because I noticed they still have my Houston address listed on the label and they never had my e-mail to begin with.  That only leaves the physician's office.  How dare they sell my personal information to third parties!  Has this ever happened to anyone else?

End of rant.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I am highly pissed for the none call last night in Game 2 of the Spurs vs Thunder game.  Not even the guys on TNT could believe it or for that matter the announcer who was covering the game on TV.

Ginobili handled it like the professional he is on his exit interview.  I, as a fan did not do so.  Can hardly wait till Friday....revenge!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Today I downloaded Chrome to the new computer and made this post. Went to read another blog when I noticed that their sidebar had not updated and was not showing a new post for me. That was the case for other blogs that list me.

    Today is not my day....I give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may or may not be the doctor's office who is releasing info about you. For some reason nothing is private or sacred anymore, and a person who knows the ins and outs of computer systems can find anything they want. If I were you I would ask the doctor's office directly, and if it is their fault, then tell them you want no info released to third parties without your consent. What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly plan to ask them. This is a total breach of patient/doctor confidentiality.

      Delete
    2. Sheeesh, what a negative post - ranting, p-offiness, grrrr-ing mom, bad referee-ing and slimy dealings by the dr. office all makes for Terlingua NIGHTMARES not dreams. Hope it got better today for you and there is silver linings and sweet dreams in the near future! GSG!!!

      Delete
    3. Lol, definitively not one of my best posts though things did get a tad better today.

      GSG!!!

      Delete
  3. OK, well cheer doubly tomorrow nite - headed to the coast camping for a coupla nites. Won't know what happens til headed home Saturday. GSG!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can count on me cheering loudly for the both of us. Have a great time at your camping spot. GSG!!!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.