Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

No energy...

Sitting around the campfire late one night in Terlingua, one of the guys in our camp said "have you all noticed how just a couple of years ago we would talk about what clubs we were frequenting, what concerts we had attended, whom we were dating, and what locations we hoped to vacation at."

Then he pointed out how on this particular night, we discussed our ailments, what medications we were taking and what future operations we might have to undergo...and this was just five years ago...fast forward to today and the future does not look so hot.

Either being diagnosed as a pre-diabetic was the best thing that happened to me or perhaps the worst...the jury is still out on that.

I  remember fellow blogger Gypsy telling me how bad I was going to feel with all the medication I now had to take.  Actually, I do not think it has anything to do with the medication but more with the lack of food.  I am practically starving myself with the limited amount of food choices.  I hate having to read food labels and having to Google almost everything for sugar content.

I thought I was going to miss eating pizza, hamburgers, pasta or enjoying a nice cold beer or a glass of wine...but that has not been the case.  I miss eating red meat and rice...imagine that!

While I have managed to lose inches and a couple of pounds...the down side is that I have no energy and all I want to do is sleep...which in and of itself is not so bad...if I only had myself to think of.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


NBA Corner

While I could care less which team wins the 2016 NBA Finals, I would like to see it go to a Game 7. If only for the selfish reason, that I do not know how I will get along without basketball until October...I know, first world problems!


5 comments:

  1. Stay on your diet and do what the doc says. You want to keep on having Terlingua dreams, and memories, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no choice but to follow the doctors orders Dizzy. In the Hispanic community diabetes is very prevalent and I have seen first hand what it can do.

      Delete
    2. With all the food choices today, you should be able to find the kinds of things you can eat, that you also like. I don't envy you though - I hate being told I have to eat something I don't care for, or that I can't eat something I love.

      Delete
    3. It was hard enough when I had only had to worry about keeping down the high cholesterol but now adding the pre-diabetic to mix...it is a little overwhelming.

      Delete
  2. I would think that a low cholesterol diet would be about the same as a pre-diabetic diet.

    Over the past 2-3 years I have changed my diet to a lot of vegetables, barley, cheese, blueberries, nuts and fish with the only sugar coming from Greek God Yogurt. Have cut out alcohol, pizza and ice cream completely and still have what the 'experts' claim is border line high cholesterol. However, I have been off all blood pressure meds now since the middle of April and my home reading are averaging 120/66.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.