Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Weather not as bad as predicted

We were warned of severe storms, hail, winds and lighting to take place this weekend.  The skies were ominous enough to keep me home but the rain and lighting did not materialize until late this afternoon and nowhere near what was predicted.

I even untied Pedrito Friday afternoon after his supper.  I did not want him getting wet or worst yet being hit in the head by Texas size hail.

I was reading fellow blogger Gypsy's post and smiled because I too decided to take a nap yesterday afternoon.  Unfortunately, it turned out to be a four-hour nap as I waited for the chicken and vegetables to boil.  Thank goodness Mom was on top of it or I could have burnt the house down :-(

I told Mom to wake me as the Spurs were playing an early game in Mexico City...do you think she did?  NO!!!  She said I needed the sleep and that I was snoring...jajajajajaja!  Oh well, they ended up losing because I was not cheering them on :)

I even went to sleep at 10:30 p.m. last night though I was wide awake by 2:15 a.m. but unlike the prior night decided to stay in bed and finally managed to doze off.  I am very tired so I think I will call it a night after the evening news.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


4 comments:

  1. That is just like a Mom - "You need your sleep!" It probably was very good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't get bad weather. We lucked out here at my place with just some rain but the news said a tornado did touch down just down the road form me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, you were not affected by the prior storm. Was watching the news last night and saw all the flooding that took place yesterday 1/18/17 but they did not mention what part of town it was.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.