Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

This is the time of year where I disappear for a while

This is the time of the year where I disappear for a while.  If you are new to this blog, I am an NBA fan...to be precise...I am a Spurs fan.  I absolutely live for the regular season, the playoffs, semi-finals and of course the finals. My mother calls me a "marimacha"...that is Spanish for a tomboy, jajajajaja :D

I am also a big Colombian soap opera fan but even they have to take a back seat to my Spurs...Ok, to "Our Spurs" or Andy will claim I am getting "possessive again"...he may have a point!

I always try to answer all the comments that are posted on my blog and I will continue to do so, even though it may take me just a tad bit longer during this time.

At noon I went to pick up two plates from my new lunch plate provider on Wednesday.  This week she offered Tacos Tapatios as well as baked chicken with rice, beans and potato salad.  I am glad she decided to quit Stripes and go into business for herself, she is a good cook.

Yesterday, mother's nice neighbor across the street (the one with the rowdy step-son) mowed along the fence line on the street side.  We always write him a thank you note or personally thank him but I have not had a chance to do so this time around.  He will never know how much we appreciate it because in case you are wondering...I have not pulled the weeds yet :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



14 comments:

  1. GSG ! Won't be watching tonite so yell twice as loud....hopefully can pick up on radio at my campsite. Grizzlies tough at home - SPURS in 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make sure to yell twice as loud!

      You can bet they will came out with guns blazing after their coach went to bat for them. He was fined $30,000 and I saw a report on TNT that many of the players were going to chip in so he would not have to pay it out of his own pocket.

      My only fear is that they really do not have anything to lose and if it gets even more physical than the prior two games...that one of our Spurs might get hurt.

      When they blacked out the last regular game of the season in this area, I tried to listen to it on the radio but the signal was non-existent inside the house. Hope can get it at your campsite. Have a good trip.

      Delete
    2. P.U.
      Glad I missed it and hope it's out of their system now.
      GSG and IPIT (he's getting flack for throwing in the towel)

      Delete
    3. Did you get to watch the game last night? I do not mind losing under these circumstances as it was a very well executed game...even LaMarcus showed up!

      Glad we can finally get out of that grind house and bring the series back home for a win.

      Delete
    4. Yes I got to to see it - the media saying it was the best game of the postseason so far. Now the best 2 outta 3 and we have 2 at home. Not sure I can handle this stress!

      Delete
  2. The lunch plate idea sounds so good, and you are assured of eating a good meal. Enjoy. And good luck to you and your Spurs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that as soon as she establishes a clientele she will offer food more than once a week. I enjoy a good meal in particular one that I do not have to cook.

      Thank you for your kind wishes for my Spurs, we will need them as the opponents get tougher.

      Delete
    2. This lady cooks a plate lunch in her kitchen on Wednesdays & folks stop by to pick up one or two? You have to call ahead?

      Delete
    3. She takes orders on Monday so she can have an idea how much to buy. Since she makes two to three different plates you select the one you like and then go by and pick up your order at noon on Wednesdays.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful picture of San Felipe Spring...funny as I am in San Felipe, Baja, Mexico. I am considering starting another blog about this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frann, I think it would be a great idea to start a new blog in this new chapter of your life. Not everyone has the guts to up and move to a beautiful sleepy town in Mexico and I admire you for that.

      You had a big following in your prior blog and I am sure you will have many more in your new one. I will be your first follower!

      Delete
  4. I hear ya about this time of year, but for me its hockey. My team was out in the first round...so am now cheering on the only remaining Canadian team! Good luck to your team!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear your team was eliminated on the first round, I have been there and know how it feels.

      Thank you for commenting and for your good wishes for my Spurs.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.