Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Heat / Eclipse Sunglasses

We have been experiencing three digits temperatures for a while. It makes me lethargic and takes away any kind of motivation to tackle the weeds and vegetation due to the heavy rains we have received. I am now having to deal with the mosquitoes generated by said rains. Though on the positive side it has made the purple sage bloom like crazy all over town.

I contemplated driving to the lake to take pictures as I am sure the purple sage blooms are hardier there because the northern part of Val Verde County has received considerably more rain than the City of Del Rio or for that matter the Southern part of the county where we live. But like I previously mentioned, the heat even in an air-conditioned vehicle makes me sluggish.

I  have to admit that after nine years of living in Del Rio, I have finally fallen victim to the small town mentality that thinks that driving the ten or so miles to the lake...is too far...imagine that!  I am sure my Houston friends will die laughing when they read this as I thought nothing of driving from Northwest Houston to Pasadena, Channelview, Deer Park or the City of South of Houston on a whim.

The last time I was at the library they were giving away special eyeglasses to view the upcoming eclipse. Took them up on it before they run out like they have in San Antonio at the events where a local television station (KSAT12) has held such give aways.


I can not believe that now that I actually have a fast internet connection, this is only the second time I go online since I got it.  I do not know if to blame my Fibromyositis, my laziness or the hellish temperatures for my lack of energy.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



4 comments:

  1. We had a nice week here for the first time in months so I know what you are saying about being lethargic. So I did plenty catching up while being happy about the cooler days. Hope you have some relief soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you are having cooler temperatures and hope they make their way to our part of the country soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the internet is working out for you, about time!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.