Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Finally no lines!

Ordinarily, I would not be concerned about gassing up but we have an upcoming doctor's appointment in San Antonio. Unbelievable that two weeks after Hurricane Harvey there are still gasoline shortages all over the State of Texas. HEB and Walmart are the only stores that have not run out of this vital commodity but you have to form long lines. This gal swore off such lines when I left Houston.

I had 3/4 of a tank left so could have made it to San Antonio, getting back might have been a little tricky but I think I could have managed to do so even though the car might have been running on fumes. I was therefore overjoyed to see that the Stripes I patronize had received a new shipment but most importantly that there were no lines...yeah!!!

They only had regular unleaded and remain out of diesel and premium.  Though I last filled up at $2.02, I was more than happy to pay $2.389 per gallon. On a full tank, I can make the round trip without any problem.

This week I also purchased propane as we were running low.  I have no idea if the higher price had anything to do with Hurricane Harvey and since this guy was new did not bother to ask him. Purchased 100 gallons and we should be good for another six months.

I hope everyone in Hurricane Irma's path has evacuated or soon will do so. Take care and be safe.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Luckily I own an older truck that runs on propane or gas. I filled up both tanks 2 days before the "shortage". Filled up my Excursion as well, and it has a 46 gallon tank. Being old, lazy and retired I don't use up fuel very quickly. Take care Ms B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet you were glad you filled up when you did. I saw how long the lines were in your area.

      Delete
  2. Yep, they use any excuse to raise prices. I had no weather related problems, other than my joints hurting a little more than normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you did not have any weather related problems.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you got fuel, I remember the "No Gas" signs from '73...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I am old enough to remember the 1973 energy crisis, for some reason I have no recollection of it...can I blame it on my CRS?

      However, I do recall the "No Gas" signs in 1979 and people hating on the oil companies. Among strangers I kept it to my self that I was employeed by one.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are now able to get gas and with no lines.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.