Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, October 6, 2017

Dirty dishes

I had every intention to drive into town and finish all the things I did not get to yesterday but I just did not have the energy to do so.  That does not mean I just laid around at home.  I had fine washables as well as dishes that were calling my name.

I used to have an aversion to seeing dirty dishes sitting in the kitchen sink, not just mine but if I went to my friends home and I saw that, I immediately began to rectify the situation. I remember my friends' children upon seeing clean dishes drying on the rack would say..."Belinda has been here!".

The aversion has not gone away but I have found ways to work around it.  I have learned that an unused ice chest can become your best friend...well, at least for me...I can hide my dirty dishes and nobody is the wiser...though sooner or later I have to address the issue and today was the day :-(

I guess anything is better than having to face the reality of yet another hurricane or wondering what the hell does "the calm before the storm" means.  By this please do not think that I am trying to interject politics into my blog, but it is an issue that personally deeply troubles me.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


8 comments:

  1. I got over my aversion to dirty dishes in the sink a long time ago. I wait until there are a few of them before I load them into the dishwasher!

    I would suspect the calm before the storm refers to Iran or N. Korea, which ever one he decides to attack. I sure hope cooler and smarter heads prevail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I do not have a dishwasher...I'm it :)

      I definitively hope cooler and smarter heads prevail because war has never been the answer to anything.

      Delete
  2. I have a dishwasher but don't use it. Dish washing began a pleasure when one day it came to me that dirty dishes meant I had food which is something to be thankful for.

    With my different mindset I wash the dishes and try to make them shine. A little baking soda softens my hard water and helps a lot. I fill the sink and wash dishes as I cook and usually am not left with too many at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "dirty dishes meant I had food which is something to be thankful for."

      Janet, I must admit I had never looked at it from this perspective. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I knew someone who used their dishwasher as a place to dry & store dishes.
    Our kitchen is in an RV & really small, I end up having to do the dishes or give up the small counter.

    On a side note is your TV & internet working out for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob the difference with my internet is like night and day. I can actually watch TV shows and listen to radio stations on my computer. They also gave me a DVR that I am constantly using.

      When there has been foul weather the TV has gone out for about 10 or 20 seconds at the most, no comparison to Dish whose signal I would lose for hours.

      Delete
  4. I have a dishwasher and I use it but sometimes I don't empty it fast enough and then I have to wash dishes, I never put pots n pans in the dishwasher I always hand wash them. I know lots of people who never use their dishwashers for washing dishes, storage seems to be a big one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JO, in my house in Houston I have one but I only use it for storage. My dishwashing cycle takes a long time and uses a lot of electricity. As few dishes as I use when I am in Houston it is a lot faster to do them by hand.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.