Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October 2017 trip to México

It has been almost three months since we last went to México, we decided to rectify that today. I have mentioned in previous posts that the new toll booths had taken an awfully long time to be built. Glad to report they are finally operational. Took out my camera when I came to them but the SD card was locked and I had cars behind me, will try to get a picture on my next visit.

I asked the toll booth operator when they had opened and she said since Sunday, October 1st. It looked like they were going to start the demolition of the old structures. Decided to take one final picture for posterity sake.


Our first stop was at the Beauty Shop, we were her first customers and were in and out in less than an hour. Her family moved to Ciudad Acuña from Mexico City after the big earthquake of September 1985.  Her cousins were so shaken after the last three earthquakes this past September that they are considering doing the same.

It was a rather warm day so I left mother with the car running as I went to grab a couple of items at Aurrera and Gutierrez.  The heavy rains in México have affected the crops and it is reflected in the prices. I only bought a couple of tomatoes, a papaya and some serranos,

Was surprised that it being Tuesday there were long lines to return to the USA. However, they had most lanes opened so it was not a long wait.

Our beautiful flag flying at half-staff in honor of the victims of the mass shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada.


Good night,  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Half STAFF, Ss. I got corrected on that years ago with a lecture so I am passing it along (without the lecture). :)

    Getting real close to SPURS season starting!!!!

    GO SPURS GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stand corrected, thank you.

      You just reminded me that I need to call Spectrum as I do not think I have Fox Sports Southwest in my current lineup. With everything that is going on in the world I need my beloved Spurs to entertain me.

      Delete
  2. I think food prices are rising everywhere, and probably won't return to where they were ever again. Glad you had a smooth trip across the border and back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have faith that lower prices will return next spring provided there aren't anymore major hurricanes or rain events.

      I just hope the current administration does not opt out of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) because then we will see very high prices.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.