Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Give credit where credit is due...

My mother's primary physician assigned her a home health care worker after her latest fall and all I can say is that I owe her a debt of gratitude.  She has a straight line to him and his staff and in particular, today have proven to be of great help.

She was on vacation last week but is back on the job. She left us a couple of telephone messages Tuesday but since we were in San Antonio I did not have a chance to get back to her until today (Wednesday). Thanks to her I did not have to make an appointment to take mother to his office to obtain an X-ray order or have to call in for additional medication (no refills on pain medication).

She takes great pride in her work and actually wanted to call 911 to have an ambulance take mother to the ER. She was afraid she might have a pelvic rather than a spine fracture and that getting her in and out of the car would cause her additional injury. I nixed that idea since I had to take her to the hospital anyway for her wound therapy so there would be no benefit if I had to eventually bring her back home in the car...to which she agreed to.

She called the wound care therapy department to let me know that the doctor's office was faxing the order and for me to go down as soon as possible to the Admittance Department as they closed at 5:00 p.m. and if I did not register her she would not be able to have the X-ray's done until tomorrow.

Mother was in severe pain and crying and the lady in the X-ray department showed great compassion. She brought her water, kleenex and got on the phone to expedite her X-ray.  For this wonderful angel, I am grateful as well.

Right now we are waiting to see what the X-ray's show and then proceed accordingly. I want to take this opportunity to thank all the readers that have reached out to me on this blog as well as via e-mail...thank you kindly!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

16 comments:

  1. It is so hard to see a loved one suffering. Sure hope and pray that she gets relief very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor and health care workers. It makes all the difference in the world. I hope your Mother gets all the help she needs to recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful you and your mom are connected to home health care. Those nurses are often so wise and helpful in navigating the health care system and advocating for their patients. The ones we worked with for both my mom and dad were angels and really helped us all out in difficult situations. Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hachita, I can not say enough good things about our health care provider. Glad to hear you also had a positive experience with yours.

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy you have good home health care people. When I was taking care of my dad the home care person was just awful she never knew what she was talking about and I never new I could have changed company's until it was all over. I hope they find a way to give her some relief this suffering sounds horrible for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, I am cautiously optimistic her pain will soon be a thing of the past.

      Delete
  5. So, so glad you have someone to share some of the caregiving & consult with.

    I hope the pain is something simple & easy to treat (like maybe that she's changed her normal posture/routine to accommodate the pain from her leg wounds & is using muscles & stressing joints now that haven't been used in a long time?)

    But I hope more that yall find out soon whatever it is so that you can address it & start on the road to getting her some relief even if she did break something.

    Keep us posted about what you hear from the x-rays. We all worry about your Mom (not to mention we worry about the stress that having her in pain causes you!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. This sounds like a long haul so far. Here's wishing you energy to cope. You've certainly done big work so far.
    I do hope things get leveled out a bit soon.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.