Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Got up very early this morning to cancel an appointment I had no idea mother had as I had not written it down on my calendar. Yesterday I received a reminder on our answering machine after we got back from her wound therapy session.  I was fortunate to be able to re-schedule it without facing a $25.00 fee for canceling without giving a 24-hour notice.

Needed to buy some over the counter items but rather than go to a super packed HEB decided to go to CVS across the street.  Goodness, they are very expensive!  Since I had initially ruled out HEB reluctantly made my way to Walmart expecting it to be as jammed packed...thankfully that was not the case...yeah!

Since there is no way I am going to cook a turkey, headed to Hot Pit Bar-b-q across the street from HEB but it did not open until 11:00 a.m.  After my trip to Walmart drove back to buy some turkey legs but someone beat me to them and they only had one left...so mother and I will share it tomorrow.

Gasoline prices only went down by one cent, the going price around town today was $2.18 per gallon for unleaded gasoline which is a real bargain in comparison to other parts of the state and nation.

I want to wish all my readers and their loved ones a Very Happy Thanksgiving.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.
.

10 comments:

  1. Have a good Thanksgiving and enjoy your turkey leg. A box of stovetop stuffing, some gravy and you're in business!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately a box of stuffing and some gravy would involve a trip to HEB the only grocery store we have in town. Mom will enjoy her half with the sides we have from our Stripes meals and I will have my half with a salad.

      May you and your family have a good Thanksgiving as well!

      Delete
  2. Happy T-day to you and your Mom. Another 39 days and I get to move westerly. That will be better than a second Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your Mom enjoy your Thanksgiving Day. Mine was already ruined by some Christian do-gooders coming to my door while I was eating my breakfast. Oh well, gotta let it go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother and I enjoyed our turkey leg but next year if I am still around I think I will follow Rob's suggestion. Turkey just does not taste the same without stuffing.

      Delete
  4. I hope you and your mom enjoyed that leg. A turkey leg is so large I bet there was plenty for both of you. My day was so nice.

    Gas prices here are on the rise again, today it was 2.39 last week it was 2.29 just can't win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother is a light eater where I am the opposite and even so we had leftovers from that one plump turkey leg :)

      Delete
  5. Hope yours was good, we had chicken and stovetop dressing while out west at our place for 3 night stay. Sure hated to leave. WArm perfectly sunny days, cool nights. No clouds, slight breeze. Headed back after Christmas.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I envy you guys! What could be more perfect than Thanksgiving and Christmas in my favorite desert.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.