Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, December 22, 2017

A long day

Man, it has been a long day!  Got up at six this morning and have been going strong up until eleven o'clock this evening.  When I worked in the oil patch, I never knew what time I would get home.  Working 12 to 14 hour days were the norm.  At the time I thought those were long hours, I laugh at that thought now.  It is more taxing physically and emotionally now that I do not work...as in a paying job...but more demanding than I ever thought possible.

This afternoon mother finally got her MRI.  Actually, it was two MRI's...MRI Thoracic Spine...and MRI Lumbar Spine.  Her primary physician is on vacation next week so I have no idea when we will know the results. The good thing is that her pain levels are down and by default her intake of pain medication.

Yesterday I was happy to see regular gasoline going for $2.03 a gallon and inching closer to the less than two dollars a gallon benchmark. I was disappointed to see that the price had jumped six cents overnight to $2.09 per gallon.

It rained this morning but was still warm and humid. The cold front hit around noon, mainly it was the winds that made it feel colder.  The good thing is that our "winter" is about six weeks long.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

13 comments:

  1. Hoping to get there mid Jan to enjoy the desert winter for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One year the desert did trick us and we had a sleet storm in February.

      Delete
  2. GSG!

    Expecting a W tonite in Sucramento.

    So happy to be able to watch (sometimes not such a good thing). Looking into doing the Roku TV thing - one time charge and then maybe a Netflix or Hulu subscription for under $10/month. No contracts and no cable or satellite miseries. one can watch the sports channels through that without having to go thru laptop.

    Filled up at Wallyworld for 1.91 on Thursday. Supposed to go down next week again (probably AFTER Christmas travel time).

    Merry Christmas Ss and mother of Ss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a Roku & it's great with Amazon Prime & netflix but right now we don't have enough internet to use it a lot.

      Delete
    2. I am jealous...$1.91 a gallon, is fabulous! Today it went up another two cents to $2.11 a gallon.

      Just about two hours ago I was dead tired and wanted to take a nap but I had so much to do. Even considered taping the game and watching it tomorrow but I have since awaken. I too am expecting a win, hope not to be disappointed.

      Delete
  3. Wishing you and your Mom a very Merry Christmas and good health for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dizzy, I echo your good wishes for you and your loved ones.

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas and may the New Year be good to you and your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shadowmoss. Best wishes for you and your Mom as well.

      Delete
  5. I paid $2.22 the other day & was happy with the savings over the other stations... I'm jealous!

    It's good to hear your mom is not hurting as much... Merry Christmas to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, I am jealous of Andy...he only paid $1.91 per gallon! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

      Delete
  6. I'm jealous of all of you we are still running between $2.20 - $2.30

    Now that you mentioned your mom's CTs if it is either of those I know her pain. I compressed my T6 Thoracic a few years ago, I lived in a chair in the living room for over a year. The pain was so bad I just couldn't get in the bed and if I did I was almost screaming from pain and then to try to get up was just not happening, It also couldn't breath. I wish her the best.

    Happy Holiday's to You and your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four years ago when she suffered her first lumbar fracture we had to purchase a power chair because laying down in a bed and worst trying to get her up was just not going to happen. We feel fortunate to have it now.

      Happy Holiday's to you and yours JO.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.