Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, December 30, 2017

The warmth before the Artic blast

It turned out to be a beautiful, warm and sunny day.  Took my solar lights outside to get charged as the cold front arrives tomorrow and it will be cloudy, rainy and miserable for a couple of days.

I picked up all the things that might become projectiles in the high winds and even raked and bagged leaves in the backyard. Watered my plants and brought them in this evening.

Drove into town and filled up my gasoline tank at $2.19 per gallon.  HEB has had a packed parking lot for days now so decided to drive to the old HEB which locals affectionately refer to as "little HEB".  I was in and out in no time flat and scored two 1/2 gallon eggnog's which from prior experience go fast at the main HEB.

Stopped at our locally owned smokehouse, Hot Pit Bar-b-q...purchased three turkey legs for our New Year's meal... as you know my culinary skills are limited to nonexistent :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

Even though we lost tonight, I am not too upset about it.  Detroit is cold and we are not used to those God-awful temperatures.

We may even lose our next game to the New York Knicks next Tuesday. Does anybody know if each player gets their own hotel room or do they have to share one with a couple of guys?

GSG!!!

20 comments:

  1. Have a Happy New Year Ms Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy New Year's and may 2018 be good for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a Happy New Year to you. Turkey legs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your Mom. May it find her better health and you.
    I heard about your cold front stay warm. Good idea to get all the shopping out of the way. Spotted a sign at the local Fry's Stores that gas was down to $2.09 but I think that is with their shopping card. I don't shop there so no point. Besides really didn't need gas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes JO. Happy New Year to you and yours.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Gracias Andy, igualmente te deseo un Feliz Año Nuevo y que vivan nuestros Spurs!!!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Kid. It is pretty chilly here in Rockport. but still better than back in North Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well Barney!

      At least our chilly Texas weather will only last a few days!

      Delete
    2. I think this wet cold is much worse than the desert dry cold. I wish I was in Del Rio right now.

      Delete
  7. Little late, but Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to some warmth! Got down to 14 degrees here (Terlingua) and not far from here also on the ranch 9 degrees. I HATE cold weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never Happy New Year to you too David!

      Delete
  8. I hope you have a very happy new year, with good health for you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes Gypsy, I wish the same for you.

      Delete
  9. Hi there MsB. I need a bit of help on Del Rio. I have not been able to locate a coin laundry to use when I stay out in the lake campgrounds. Do you know of any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only one I know is located in a now vacant store/gasoline station. The laundromat is located next to it and the door is usually open at least during the summer which gives the impression that it does not have air conditioning.

      The other one is located coming from the lake into town on the left side about a block before the Toyota dealership next to the Stripes/Valero convenience store located in the corner.

      Delete
  10. Thank you very much. I am wanting to stay a nice long time and will need to do laundry.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.