Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Laundromat / Flu Shots / Kawhi Leonard

I finally got around to going to the laundromat, the best part is that I was the first one there.  They have one washing machine with a capacity of a Maxi-load (equivalent of four loads) that they have a special price for their regular customers.  It is not advertised you just know it if you go there frequently and happen to pay attention to the price.

I have often mentioned that I do not buy the local paper so I do not know what goes on around town. I happened to be watching San Antonio's Telemundo when they were doing a story of free flu shots in Del Rio. I showed up early in the morning and took advantage of this offering. I asked the lady in charge where they would usually post something like this and she said the radio and fliers around town. No wonder I never see anything...thank you Telemundo!

It has been warm and the trees have started to bloom and that includes the weeds  I do not look forward to spring!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I am very happy we finally broke our losing streak, the fact that it was against the Cleveland Cavaliers was the icing on the cake!

With that said what the heck is going on with Kawhi Leonard?  The sport shows claim that he fired his agent and his uncle is now his manager who seems to be giving him bad advice.  Why would anyone...sports figure, actor/actress or a person in any profession...hire a family member in particular one with no experience?

I hope he gets his act together before the Spurs organization decides to trade him.

12 comments:

  1. Laundry, it never ends does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like I no sooner finish a load of laundry than the basket is filled up again. I have a washing machine at home and hope to soon get a dryer so I can keep up with things much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the things I miss of Houston, my washer and dryer are top on that list.

      Delete
  3. Breaking news - Kawhi looking for a March return. According to Joe Reinagel 6:00 news tonite.

    Also LOVED the game yesterday. Was very pessimistic before I must say.

    Paid 2.049/gal Saturday. yay

    GSG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that bit of good news, I sure hope it's true.

      $2.049 a gallon is a GREAT price!!!

      Off topic did you see ZaZa Pachulia trying to injure Russell Westbrook? He is a dirty ass player and I hope the league punishes him.

      Delete
    2. I believe there are 4 separate instances where he went out of his way to inflict damage. Oversized goons and thugs have no place in this league.

      Delete
    3. The league issued a statement that they do not plan to take action on this latest incident. What are they waiting for? For him to injure another player like he did Kawhi? Shameful!

      Delete
  4. Nice to be able to get a free flu shot. This season has been so bad. I go as early as I can but then mine are covered by insur. Laundry never seems to stop building up here either I always wonder how 1 person can dirty so many clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having health insurance, an opportunity to get a free flu shot is huge. Wish they had offered them sooner as I had to go through the misery earlier. Though I am not complaining as at least I lived to see another day unlike others who weren't as lucky.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.