Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

These roller coaster temperatures

We have been having a roller coaster winter and I can not seem to kick this bug that has gotten a hold of me. Just this past Super Bowl Sunday it was 83 degrees, then Monday there was a 20 plus decline in temperatures.  I do not recall a winter with so many cold fronts. No, I am not complaining because I know that in no time flat the scorching heat will be with us and I will miss these cool temperatures.

Today is only Wednesday and we have already had four doctor's appointments and we still have another one this week.  The good thing is that mother's leg wound is almost healed and she won't have to be going to the Wound Care Unit for treatment.

This morning it was cold, drizzly and windy but we had to keep her appointment with her Ophthalmologist.  Thankfully her eye infection has cleared and we won't have to see him for a while.  I really hate early morning appointments in particular when they double book people and you do not get to see the doctor for an hour or two after your actual appointment.

I have not had a chance to go online this past couple of days nor have I turned on my cell phone.  Have I mentioned how much I loathe cell phones?  If it wasn't because of our frequent trips to San Antonio and my affinity for getting lost there, I wouldn't even have one. Anyway, I checked both this afternoon and now I have to drive back into town to go pick up a prescription when I already had stopped at HEB today....grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I know my Spurs have not been playing to the level they are capable of but I am still very proud of them.  We are without our best player in Kawhi Leonard as well as Rudy Gay but we are still hanging on to the third spot in the Western Conference.

Though we have lost some games it has not been like a take you behind the shed, a** beating that the Cleveland Cavaliers, as well as the Golden State Warriors, have recently faced.

I watched the Cleveland vs Orlando game last night and so enjoyed seeing Cleveland blow a twenty point lead in the second half.  I felt so happy for Jonathon Simmons (a former Spur) he played lights out against them.  I miss you Jonathon :(

After that game was over I was so energized that I just had to watch the smackdown between the Golden State Warriors and the OKC Thunder. Loved seeing Draymond Green take an elbow in the mouth and crying to the referees about it and then get kicked out of the game.

8 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for the cool weather to continue as I hate to think of what summer will be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear your mom is getting better in some areas and will end more running around.

    This week we had great weather but next week may be a bit cooler and hopefully some rain. Either way I will be happy. Like you said I can wait for all that nasty heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were fortunate to get some rain this week. Saturday night we are expecting another cold front and showers and hopefully I can capture some in my primitive rain catchment system.

      I do not even want to think about the horrible heat that awaits us.

      Delete
  3. "my" Spurs? Every time you take possession of "our" SPURS, they lose, Ss. That is an unscientific fact. Try to share and let's see if they can turn this around in the right direction. BTW, paid $2.12 a gallon yesterday in Universal City. THAT is a turn in the right direction as I paid $2.27 a week ago. Go our SPURS Go! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I will try to share "our" Spurs in the hopes that they will somehow start to win :D

      $2.12 is an excellent price to pay for gas. We are still in the $2.25 to $2.28 range.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.