Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Weight off my shoulders

As you know I am not tech savvy and much prefer finding a vendor using the yellow pages versus online. Without a current Houston Yellow Page directory decided to give Angie's List a try.  I started my search after 11:00 p.m. and was surprised someone contacted me almost immediately. Another sent me an e-mail and a third called me early in the morning the following day.

Hired a tree trimmer and the matter was taken care of.  One of the sons of the late owner got back to me and I let him know that what remained of the tree was in danger of falling into his house. I feel like I have had a heavy weight lifted off my shoulders even though it came at a price.

I have neglected to mention that my right leg is once again giving me issues and has for about two months now. Looked up the symptoms and it could be diabetes, or that my fibromyositis has graduated to fibromyalgia. The real diagnosis will have to wait until my next doctor's appointment.

This year spring has been a bit wacky in Del Rio.  We have had temperatures as high as 95 and as low as in the 40's at night.  What we have not had is rain and we sorely need it.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

If you are a regular reader you know that I am the type to see a glass half empty rather than a glass half full. Though we led the whole game I refused to let myself be sucked in only to be let down at the end.

We played a  great game and refused to be swept.  I have no expectations of winning the series let alone against the 2017 NBA World Champions but we lived to play another game.

Manu, Manu, Manu!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Getting the tree taken care of is a good thing! We can all smile at the good things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use caution when looking up symptoms - especially online. I convinced myself I had diabetes when it was just new issues with pinched nerves in lumbar I've had for years. There were a couple of other error diagnosis I made on myself - ready to call the funeral director but found out it was nothing. No more WebMD for me.

    OUR SPURS looked GREAT! At least it won't be a sweep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "ready to call the funeral director but found out it was nothing."

      jajajajajaja...that was a good one Andy!

      Even Barkley did his old yell of Ginoooobiliiiiiiiiiii

      Delete
  3. I look up everything I can think of, and I usually am correct in diagnosing my condition some of the time. When I'm told I have something wrong with me I read up everything I can find on the ailment. Doctors sure won't tell you everything you want to know, and I bet they hate the internet making the info available to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had put this leg pain to rest but unfortunately it reared its ugly head once more. I like to diagnose my own condition as well though I know it might not always be accurate.

      Delete
  4. I don't know why leg pain would be considered diabetes but who knows. I look up things but never rely on the internet that can be very dangerous. Do some hot then cold compress's for a few days and see how that goes. I don't know how long it will be before you have an app. with your Dr. but just monitor your pain level.
    Glad you took care of the tree problem I don't guess the guy offered to help pay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still have a month before my next appointment and my pain level is quite high.

      My neighbor had a large family and died without a will. According to my HOA lady neighbor who knows them well this particular son does not have any money. He is kind of a gofer for his rich brother who lives in another country.

      There is a lot of drama in the family as to what to do with the property but few if any want to pony up the cash to fix and sell it. His wealthy son who bought the house for his parents is tired of footing the bills.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.