Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, May 24, 2018

NBA Conference Semifinals / Royal Wedding / Drama

This past week has been a mixed bag of things...NBA playoff games, a royal wedding, drama, and sleeplessness...so what else is new?

As you know I am a diehard fan of the NBA and Conference Semifinal games bring me joy and pleasure in particular when teams I dislike loose.

I was going to get up at 4:00 a,m, this past Saturday to watch the royal wedding but one network started covering it much earlier so I never went to bed.  I have not missed one beginning with the wedding of Princess Anne back in 1973.

I never went to bed when I watched Princess Diana's wedding and there was no way I would miss her second son's wedding.  Hard to believe 37 years have gone by.  Harry and Maghen's wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am sure it would have made Diana proud.

With that said I finally went to sleep around 1:00 a.m. on Sunday.  About 3:30 a.m. I hear my mother screaming...SNAKE, SNAKE!!!  Not having slept in two days I am understandingly out of it, so it barely registers.  I try to get up but I do so so fast that my vertigo kicks in and my head starts spinning.

By the time I finally make my way to her she is hysterical and points to the bathroom.  I grab a broom and go to the bathroom but find nothing.  She tells me that when she turned the light on she saw the snake on the bathroom floor and it was brown, short and thick.  Then I recall that this has happened before on prior occasions and it was a centipede and not an actual snake. It is fair to say that neither one of us got any sleep after that!

I  brought in my gardening tools and put one in each room in case it decided to rear its ugly self.  I am a very light sleeper and a couple of days later I kept on hearing a noise that sounded like I had opened up a can of soda, left it open and I could hear the fizz. I had not done that and the sound continued so I turned the light on to investigate.  I did not find anything until I heard it again, looked up and the darn centipede was walking upside down on my bedroom ceiling!!!!!


I grabbed my hoe and knocked it down.  I hit it once but the darn thing disappeared under the bed.  Needless to say, there was no way I was going to sleep in my bedroom that night.

Last night I was heading to mom's room when I saw the centipede in the hallway heading towards the dining room.  I grabbed my hoe and beat the hell out of it smashing it into three pieces. Good riddance!


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need an inside cat! My wife got up early to watch the wedding too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother is allergic to pet dander plus she does not like pets to be inside the house.

      Delete
  2. I don't blame you for beating the thing to a pulp. I hope you can get some sleep now. There was no way I was getting up at 4 am to watch a wedding. She did make a beautiful bride and he is so darn cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the last royal wedding for a generation so I could not miss it. They are a couple who look very much in love plus she is one of ours...she is American!

      Delete
  3. Rockets 3-2 but prep for a 7th game which will be a doozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you...there will be a game 7...one because Golden State Warriors will not drop one at home and secondly because CP3 will not be playing tonight.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.