Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

I have not left the house in a week!

I can not believe that I have not left the house in a week!  Mostly because of the rains, though today it was a beautiful sunny day.  I took the opportunity to wash some clothes as the rains return tomorrow.

I was hoping to drive into town and run a couple of errands but that did not materialize.  We are running low on groceries. Gypsy, a fellow blogger http://gypsy97.blogspot.com/2018/09/if-st-first-you-dont-succeed.html  tried the grocery store delivery offered by her local store.  I just might try the one HEB offers.  Though I think they only offer curbside service but that's OK.

The mosquitoes have been terrible, they are so fat I can see them without my glasses.  I have to put on long sleeves and pants whenever I go outside.  I got tired of spraying insect repellent and feeling sticky besides I am sure the DEET is not particularly good for you when used constantly.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Long sleeves & pants because of the mosquitoes reminds me of Minnesota. Somehow grocery delivery sounds like a poor habit to get into... but then again it's been many years since I've lived at a place that can even get pizza delivered so what the heck do I know? :-)
    If you do try the grocery delivery it will make good blogging material!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to Minnesota but from your comment I presume it has a lot of mosquitoes?

      Confirmed that HEB does not have grocery delivery just curbside service. That would have been beneficial a couple of years ago when I was having an issue with fibromyositis and could barely walk.

      Where mother lives we can't get a pizza delivered either.

      Delete
  2. I was starting to get cabin fever after this nasty cold I had. You kind of get in a rut and soon find any excuse will do to stay home at least for me. But you seem to have some really nasty mosquitoes happening and I'm not sure I would want to deal with that either. Gypsy liked the deliver very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mosquitoes are really bad, we even have them inside the house. I tried a couple of homemade remedies but they did not work. If things could not get worst we are expecting even more rain :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.