Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 21, 2018

A sliver of sun

After more than a week of cloudy, wet and gloomy weather we finally saw a sliver of sun if only for a while. I really needed to charge my Wakawaka and D-Light as I use them as nightlights and emergency lights for the frequent power outages that occur in this part of Val Verde County.

Wakawaka solar light
I just love my D-Light  it can also charge
a cell phone or tablet.

We had a 24 hour period to dry out and I took the opportunity to clean all the debris outside that was blocking the front gate.  I have been looking for my tent stakes and finally recalled that I put them in the trunk of dad's old car.


As soon as I opened the trunk the smell was awful and it was soaking wet.  I usually place beer cartons in the trunk of all my vehicles and that helped a lot.  However, I needed something else to aid in the cleanup. That is when I realized that my horse pine pellets would be perfect for this job.


Horse pine pellets soak all the moisture and remove the musty smell. With more rain on the way,  it will definitively come in handy.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

While we have only played two games...one we won, one we lost...I have a good feeling about our team and the new players.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow with the Lakers.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Even with LeBron it is going to take them a while to turn that team around.

      Getting ready to watch tonight's game. Go Spurs Go!!!

      Delete
  2. That is a great idea to use those pellets to dry up a damp area. I suppose one can purchase them at a feed store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you could Dizzy. I buy mine at Tractor & Supply.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are still having rain just like us but not the wind. Today it was a really nice day made sure I got out and took care of some errands, may not be so nice tomorrow but I still need to go pick up my glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, we had rain all day yesterday. It is suppose to clear out by Thursday but the ground is so saturated it can not take anymore. Then there is Hurricane Willa and all the moisture it will bring our way.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.