Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, November 15, 2018

In pain but toasty warm

Our first real cold front blew through on Tuesday.  Overnight temperatures have been in the 20's since then.  My mother is always cold so our electric bill is higher in the winter time than during the summer.  Since it is her house and she pays the bill...she had me set the heater on 85...yep, you heard right.  I don't even have to use a blanket at night :)

Knowing the cold front was on the way I went grocery shopping last week and put away anything that might act as projectiles in the yard and took care of other odds and ends.  I am so glad I did because I threw my back out Sunday.  I woke up in terrible pain could barely walk upright and had to borrow my mother's old walker just to be able to get around.

I can not sit in a chair for long, nor can I lay down in bed.  I either have to be on my feet all day or lay down on my zero gravity recliner to rest or sleep.

With my mother's back problems I had my choice of painkillers and muscle relaxers but decided to pass on them as I do not like to take medications even more so now that Opioid use is a national epidemic. Chose instead an over the counter pain medication that my uncle swears by called Paracetamol.

While I can read blogs on my tablet, I am not able to leave a comment. Today was the first time I went online from my desktop.  Will soon visit my favorite blogs...sorry I have been MIA.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. "Paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is correct. It is also sold in the USA under other brand names such as Tylenol, Calpol and Panadol.

      I buy mine in Mexico it comes in tablets of 750 mg.

      Delete
  2. When your back is hurting, it seems that you hurt all over. Hope it gets better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPURS CORNER : They suck right now if compared to what we're used to for past 20 years. Oh well.......

    Only rest (and patience) will eventually fix the back. The only thing that works for me is plain old aspirin - 3 or 4 at a time depending on severity. Stomach lining beware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had a chance to view a single Spurs game this season in its entirety. In particular this past week that I have just flat fallen asleep. You will now be in charge of Spurs Corner until I come off the injury reserve list.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure there are worse things than a bad back... but when my back hurts it's bad.
    Hang in there MsBelinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually there are worst things Rob...throwing out your back when you are getting ready for the CASI Chili Cook-off. While that was not the case this year (as I was not in attendance) it has happened to me in the past and it sucked big time.

      Delete
  5. I hope you get to feeling much better soon. Take damp towel and heat it in the micro wave not to hot and use it on your back, you can put it in a plastic bag to keep from getting everything wet.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.