Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, December 10, 2018

Shamed at a Stripes store

What a week it has been!  We went from warm sunny days to cloudy, rainy and chilly ones. I am not complaining as the rest of the nation is under the grip of Mr. Winter even though we are technically still in Autumn.

Drove into town a couple of days ago with the intention of doing some shopping at HEB but the parking lot was so darn packed I just drove past it. Decided to stop at Stripes (convenience store/gasoline station) to pick up some lunch as I am tired of eating canned goods for lunch and dinner.

It was past 2:00 p.m. so the selection was limited but still better than the alternative. I was the only one in line so took my time as the girl took my order but soon more people arrived. I went from ordering one lunch plate to ordering four. The girl that took my order knows me (as a customer) and remarked...guess you aren't planning on cooking for a while...an older lady in back of me asked...doesn't your husband complain for not getting a home cooked meal?  I replied, "I am not married Ma'am". Then this little old man said "and she is not going to get married unless she learns to cook!" then winked at me.  Was I just shamed at a Stripes for not cooking by two people who were also buying their meal there?

With my back problems, I can no longer lift a twelve-pack of beer so have been buying six-packs. Would you believe beer is cheaper at Stripes than at HEB or Walmart?  Actually, Walmart has the highest price.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I certainly enjoyed watching The Spurs play like it was the 2014 Finals these last two games. We got revenge on both the LA Lakers and Utah Jazz.

GSG!!!!!
 

16 comments:

  1. Drop the beer and switch to hard liquor. Less weight. More impact.

    IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found out the hard way that liquor was not my friend. When it hits you it hits you hard and by then it is too late.

      I would rather sip on a nice cold beer and if I start to feel the effects then I can slow down until they pass.

      Delete
  2. NOPE only you can shame you. I have learned to refer myself as single or solo. For some reason it brings in a lot less unwanted comments. What I frequently say is "I am single running around the country having a fantastic time without female supervision."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your response too bad I can not apply it in my situation.

      Delete
  3. There is no shame for you! We all find our own paths thru life..and their paths led them to the same line that you were in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should live your life the way you want to live it, not how someone else thinks you should. It is your life, live it your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were both elderly so I let it slide. Just wish people were not so nosy.

      Delete
  5. If it's someone of my age, + or - 10 years, I just let it slide. Sometimes strangers you meet in a store are just trying to be friendly but you can't take what they say seriously because it's just idle conversation. I have always cooked until the last 2 or 3 years but now I only do it now and then when I want something special. We don't have to answer to anybody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What bothered me most of all was that they were more focused on the feelings of my "non-existant husband" and the fact that I would have to learn to cook in order to land a hubby that I am not looking for.

      Oh...wait a minute...that is another attribute that my tall weathered cowboy (not necessarily a husband candidate) needs to have :D

      Delete
  6. And another thing, you take great care of your mother, and you are beyond kind to animals in need. You don't have to be worried about a dumb thing like cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe they didn't mean anything by it but you never know. My daughter and I were shopping for Thanksgiving and she went to get some Pillbury pie dough, an old lady turns and stay starts doing the shame shame thing with her fingers, I said you know what it's OK if you want to make your own and but I don't have time, Kids was her response haha I just wished her a Happy Thanksgiving and moved on. And by the way I'm 72 soon to be 73 gee can I look that good LMBO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know why some people feel that they need to make judgement calls on the behavior of others when they do not even know them.

      You took the high road...good for you!

      Delete
  8. All of the tall, weatherbeaten cowboys I know want their woman to cook for them!
    JK - I only know of one real cowboy and he's married.
    Our SPURS looking GREAT AGAIN!
    GSG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you referring to them as "OUR Spurs" now that they are winning...jajajajaja...:D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.