Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, January 25, 2019

Library / Property Taxes/ Long Lines at Courthouse

The local library opens at 10:00 a.m. and I was there with my previously lost but now thankfully found box of checks. For some unknown reason, the County tax assessor-collector decided to break down the 2018 property taxes into two bills one for the regular county taxes and another for SFDR ISD taxes (school taxes).

At the library, unlike mother's house, I have a lot of room to spread out and plenty of natural light to aid my poor eyesight.

Today was also the last day to pay the Post Office box rental before new rates go into effect on Monday, January 28th.  By the time I got there they had a "Gone to Lunch" sign which I thought odd since the partial government shutdown did not affect them.

Headed for the County Courthouse only to find a very long line and not so happy people who like myself did not like to have to write out two checks per property.  The ladies taking the payments were equally pissed as it doubled their work.  They were not consulted, the citizenry was not consulted and no one was happy.

Headed back to the library since I am having problems with all these images popping up on my home computer from sites I have visited...it started doing the same at the library but on a lesser scale.  Have no idea how I am going to fix this.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


NBA Corner

I am missing my Spurs but tonight I did watch the Toronto Raptors vs Houston Rockets.  I am not a fan of either team so I had no idea that Austin Rivers was now a Rocket.  I know a lot of Rocket fans read me so could someone please tell me when did this take place and why?

I thought Austin Rivers and Chris Paul did not like each other?  How did they end up in the same team after both being LA Clippers?

10 comments:

  1. The images popping up are not ads?
    I have to clear my browser history every 3 or 4 weeks or the obnoxious ads for things I looked at leave me in a poor state of mind.
    I also run https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/ every so often.

    Good luck with all of that stuff MsBelinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the images popping up are ads of items I have recently or not so recently viewed.

      Thank you for the link as soon as I ran it, it stopped the pop ups. For how long I do not know but I am very appreciative to not have had to pay to get rid of them.

      You're a sweetheart...thank you, thank you, thank you!

      Delete
  2. I will be typing along and all of the sudden my cursor has jumped back to something else. It is a real mess and there are lots of other problems with it as well. I debate taking it to Best Buy and having it diagnosed, or buying a new Mac, which will be very expensive and I'm sure everything has changed so that I won't know how to use it! I wish I could free myself from it but I'm hooked! So far I can mail all my bills in, or have them on autopay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have been having a lot of problems with your Mac for a while now. I wish I could still use my Windows 7 laptop but I am stuck with this Windows 10 that even after a couple of years I do not know how to navigate my way around.

      My household bills are on autopay but I use Paypal for the guy that mows my yard or anyone else that performs maintenance in my Houston house.

      Delete
  3. Rockets picked up Rivers on Dec 24 after he was waived by the Wizzards immediately after being traded by the Clips. I am not aware of the CP3 feud. The Clippers are a horrible business franchise and Houston has been aggressive last coupla years trying to put pieces around Harden who shoots about 25 shots a game averaging 36 pts (lots of 3's and F/Ts too). Hard to get players who can work with someone so demanding. Rivers only gets $1.1 million from the Rockets and no contracts forward. CP3 gets $35 million + per year for next 4 years. I like Rivers but he's a dime-a-dozen Guard in a very guard-heavy league and meanwhile Houston got a very good deal for his services this season. Rumor is Kawaii is headed to Clips next year and I think that would be a mistake for him. After what he did to US I wouldn't mind though! I play fantasy basketball too so that's why I know this trivial, worthless stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being the only one to attempt to answer my question...yes, that is a slam on my Houston real life friends!

      I figured that being the son of the head coach he was set as a Clipper. In the NBA orbit $1.1 million is not very much money.

      Wow, I had no idea CP3 made so much dinero in particular since he is injury prone but then again what do I know?

      I "almost" felt sorry for Kawhi last night when he missed the shot that would have given the Raptors a victory over the Rockets.

      However, I must admit I am petty...so I was happy he missed :)

      Delete
    2. Oooops! Fake news...Phoenix waived Rivers, he actually played in a few games with the Wizards then got traded to the Suns but was waived immediately. One of those teams are paying him the most part of his $12.6 million salary while H-town only has to pay him $1.1 so gets a lot for it. Not trying to SLAM your Houston friends!!! Their sorry Sprockets played a huge part in our dynasty. Heeeeeeeeeeee!

      Delete
    3. Meanwhile our SPURS looked great last nite and Lonnie showed he can ball with the big boys. B to B tonite again. Its just getting better and better.......

      Delete
  4. It seems the government does what ever they want and we are nothing but the people who pay their salary why would they split that bill sounds rediculous. I can't stand this widows 10 either it used to be so easy to clean out the cookies and all the places you once visited online. I know my system needs a good cleaning out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could go on and on about the government but in fairness to my readers I won't.

      I agree with you, it used to be so easy to clean out cookies in Windows 7. I would recommend you try the link Rob reference in his comment, it worked on my Windows 10 system.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.