Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

A visit with Barney

The past two mornings have been foggy and drizzly but at least it has not been cold.  Today was trash day, I have avoided picking up the trash outside of our fence line that worthless people throw out their window but could not put it off any longer.

The weeds and grass have grown a lot since Pollito mowed them. I either have to tackle them myself or hire someone to do them...man I hate yard work!

We have a cold front on the way and I did not want to take a chance on Barney (OFM Adventures) leaving as I missed him by a couple of hours the last time he was in town...but not today!

We had a long and pleasant conversation. Barney is knowledgeable on just about any topic.  If you have never met him I highly recommend you drop by his campground if he is ever near your hometown.


Spurs Corner

With our two best players out of the line-up this evening and having to play the Golden State Warriors, it was no wonder KSAT12 sports anchor pretty much insinuated that everyone go to bed and check the highlights in the morning.

We had a fighting chance when we were only down two points before the half...then they went on a  run and pretty much dashed our hopes.

The second half was AWFUL!!! Maybe KSAT12's advice was not so bad.

10 comments:

  1. Meeting people I know just from the internet is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that you could drop by and have a wonderful visit with Barney, one of these day we hope to catch up with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have a wonderful time the day you meet up with him.

      Delete
  3. Went to bed after 1st qtr and looks like it was the right decision. Glad you had a nice visit with the OFM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should of done the same but sat through it all...maybe tonight we will have a better chance?

      Delete
  4. I met Barney for the first time when we were camping out in the west Texas mountains a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you guys were in the Davis Mountains area.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad I don't have much property and I get on the weeds as fast as I can. WE have had so much rain and now they are saying possibly more is on the way.

    Glad you finally got to meet up with Barney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mow or weed eat?

      I need to get over my mental block of doing yard work because the longer I wait I only make it worst for myself :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.