Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Super Bowl Sunday or Feel Old Sunday?

I had every intention of watching Super Bowl Sunday or at least the half time show and commercials. Used to be a big fan of the NFL until the owner of the Houston Oilers (Bud Adams) decided to move the team to Tennessee and change the franchise name to the Tennessee Titans.

The half time show has always been a big draw in the past...that is until this year.  I must really be getting old when out of the three acts I have only heard of one and even if my life depended on it could not name a single song by that group.

Decided to watch a movie instead..."Two mules for sister Sara"...believe it or not had never seen it before.  Wow, I had forgotten how handsome Clint Eastwood looked in his heyday as well as Shirley MacClaine.

The movie ended at 8:30 p.m. so got to watch the last part of the 4th quarter of the game. I personally was not rooting for any particular team but was not surprised that the New England Patriots won. Congratulations to them!

Prior to the trophy presentation, they had Joe Namath on...darn, time is not forgiving and I say that for myself as well not just the celebrities.

The Late Show Super Bowl Special with Stephen Colbert featured a performance by James Taylor.  Once again I felt OLD...I guess none of us can escape father time :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

.

8 comments:

  1. I watched the game with a bunch of people I didn't know from the campground, it was good. We sat outside & there were two TVs so watching wasn't bad, the sound could have been better but that's my ears.
    There was another group in the campground watching, their feed was about 2 seconds behind ours. When something happened & a collective noise went from us, you could hear them about 2 sec later.
    That was different.
    A strong defense by both teams meant I watched for the commercials!

    The half time show wasn't bad even if I didn't know who any of the people were, it was entertaining.

    Have a good week MsBelinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I am not the only one who did not know who the people singing were!

      You have a good week as well Rob.

      Delete
  2. I am old enough to have seen the first superbowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped watching baseball many, many years ago and a few years ago, I quit watching football. Now, the only sports I faithfully watch is Top Fuel Drag Racing. A few years ago they shortened the distance race from a quarter mile to only a thousand feet, but the still reach speeds of 330 mph. I have bee to a few races and those cars make the ground shake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch it and never do, tonight on the news they said it was a big disappointment. My daughter usually has a party but since none of her teams played just afew got together it was quiet except for my grandson who is a sport nut LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neighbors had a party but to my surprise they ended it early.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.