Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, April 20, 2019

2019 Easter Camping along the banks of San Felipe Springs - Part I

I do not know what is wrong with me I keep on waking up early (for me). I am NOT a morning person and today I once again woke up at 6:57 a.m.  Since I could not go back to sleep I got up and fed the cats.  It was nice and cool ( 62 degrees) so decided I would go for a morning drive to the area parks and check on the campers.



Was surprised that there was still a lot of room available.  I suppose today they will start coming in earnest. In years past, I usually come by late Saturday afternoon or at noon Sunday.


People were barely getting up and starting to make breakfast. These pictures were taken at Star Park that faces Highway 90.


My next stop was San Felipe Lions Park.


It is here that I noticed the first RV's.



This year there were a lot more port-o-potties available for the campers.


Since it was still in the high 60's there was no one enjoying the waters of San Felipe Springs who like most springs tend to be on the cold side no matter the season.


This afternoon it reached 88 degrees so I am sure a lot of people cooled off in its spring waters.


This particular campsite had small tents like for children and they seemed to still be asleep.


Headed to the next park down the road from San Felipe Lions Park.  I will post those images tomorrow.


Would have liked to have taken more pictures but people were waking up and I did not want to invade their privacy.

Headed to the new Burger King down the road and enjoyed a quiet breakfast.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you made a good use of your early day! Breakfast at the new Burger King was a bonus :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did Rob. I guess there must be something to the saying "The Early Bird Gets The Worm".

      A "quiet" breakfast was the cherry on the cake...I was not so lucky on my last visit.

      Delete
  2. Nice toisee you git and early start and checked out all the campers in the park, sounds like pretty perfect weather to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe I arrived at the ideal time, took my pictures and went on my way without invading anyone's privacy.

      Delete
  3. Memories of sleeping on the ground with Rocks poking you in the back.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Easter.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the rocks poking me in the back and my air mattress going flat! Those are precious memories of my camping days though when I was growing up they did not have this tradition.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.