Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Completed my chores early

Rolled the trash can to the gate this morning since I was too tired to do so yesterday afternoon. Was surprised that it was in the '70s. Decided right then and there to head to town before the temperature went up.

First stop was the car wash, I honestly can not remember the last time I wash it.  From there headed to HEB hoping that the price of gasoline had not gone up.  To my delight...it had not was still selling for $2.249 a gallon.  When I arrived there were only two cars, by the time I left all the pumps were in use.


At Stripes, it was selling for $2.28 with a Stripes card and $2.31 if you didn't have one.


Though I could have shopped at this HEB decided to head to Little HEB instead.  Got the items I needed and was shortly on my way to the Post Office to pick up our mail. Was home by 10:30 a.m. High-temperature today was 92 with a heat index of 101 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


10 comments:

  1. Nice to get things done early in the day before things heat up. Getting warm here as well. Love the price of gas there, Here right now $1;18 a latre ($4;46 a gal)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a morning person but sometimes one has to be specially when it involves West Texas heat.

      Delete
  2. What's gotten into you - getting up and out so early! Morning is my favorite time before it gets too hot to do anything. I think straighter in the morning, and breakfast is the best meal of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I do not get up early and get my chores done then I pay the price...of course by no means is this a daily event.

      I too love breakfast but as you know I am not a cook and lazy to boot. The Sirloin Stockade has a weekend breakfast buffet that I believe goes from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. too early for this gal. It has been at least two years since I sampled their delicious and ample buffet.

      Delete
  3. My last tank was $1.99 a gallon. Not bad for around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I paid $2.74 less than an hour ago in Richmond, IN.

    Yesterday we were at Fort Knox, KY, it was $2.49, down the road starting half way to Louisville KY it was $2.89, I saw diesel selling cheaper than regular. I waited until we got back to Fort Knox to fill the Toyota (car)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a new one...diesel cheaper than regular gasoline. Rob, I need a USA road map to keep up with your travels. You need to blog more often.

      Delete
  5. Yes early morning chores and then home. 105 here today. I should have stopped for gas but it was already heating up at 10:30 so home I came

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand not stopping for gas because of the heat. Happened to me earlier this week (long lines) but lucked out in the sense that the price had not gone up.

      Saw your high temperatures in the news, stay cool JO.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.