Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Edith González - 1964 to 2019

Woke up early to get a head start on my chores as tonight is Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals and I plan to watch it.  The phone ringers will be silenced and the computer will be turned off.

I am glad I got a lot done as I had the television turned on when I heard the sad news that Edith González a beloved Mexican actress had lost her battle to ovarian cancer and succumbed to this vicious disease early this morning.


Not only Mexico is in mourning but all of Latin America and other countries where her telenovelas and movies were viewed, which were many.


Characters from some of her telenovelas

Her daughter and only child from a previous relationship is her spitting image even more so when she was a baby.

Constanza and Edith
Her widower and only husband has stood faithfully by her side since she was diagnosed three years ago.


Edith was born in Monterrey, Nuevo León, México on December 10, 1964.  She leaves behind her widower, her daughter Constanza, her mother (who also lost her husband to cancer) and a brother.


Your loving fans and country will never forget you.  You will live on through all the cinematography you left behind.


Rest in peace Edith.

6 comments:

  1. It's sad when someone in your life passes on, my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rob. While I was only a fan, I greatly admired her. I had to console my uncle who took her death very personally.

      Delete
  2. So very sad so young. Cancer is a nasty rotten thing. Peace to her family may she RIP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed JO she was so young. This nasty horrible disease has stolen so many loved ones from us all.

      Delete
  3. That is so sad, for one thing she was so young herself, and then leaving her daughter and husband must be really difficult for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was young, beautiful and successful. One of very few actresses that were able to work at both of Mexico's main rival networks and then make the crossover to Telemundo in the USA.

      My heart goes out to her family in particular her young daughter.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.