Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, June 7, 2019

Hogwash to Studies!!!

How do you all feel about the new study that just came out saying that eating white meat is just as bad for you as eating red meat and does NOT lower your cholesterol levels?  I feel deceived!

Then the most recent study that you could drink all the coffee you wanted as it would not be harmful but could actually extend your life?  They apparently did not study people like me...I drink one cup of coffee and get nervous and jittery. Hogwash to both studies!  I feel that if it is done in moderation one has nothing to worry about.

I try to eat more chicken and fish than red meat except for one day a week when I allow myself to eat what I want.  With that study in mind...why eat chicken when I really love beef?  So earlier this week I headed to Dairy Queen and had a Steak Finger Country Basket.


I only ate two or three fries (those I know are bad for me) and the rest I took home to share with my boys.


I have been so tired lately that I have actually been able to sleep (albeit not at night). Glad I got a lot of things done because this weekend we are expecting temperatures in the 100-degree range with equally high heat indexes. Today we reached 102 degrees. I do not plan to go anywhere this weekend unless it is a true emergency.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


2019 NBA Finals

Tonight's game should be "interesting".  Love hearing all the so-called experts chiming in with their two cents.

I do not favor any particular team, will just have to wait and see who wants it more and/or who is less hobbled.

13 comments:

  1. It is not boondocking time in Del Rio now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do eat chicken, lean pork and fish, I do like beef but it does not agree with me any more, Coffee 2-3 cups a day sometimes more, beer, 2-3 lite beer works for me too. Moderation is the trick in my opinion and lotsa veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the meals you prepare...tasty, healthy and most importantly in moderation.

      Delete
  3. Fattening up those calves /er cats for auction! Hey, it would be a good icebreaker at the yards on your way to finding a TWC! Raptors looking good and our boy Danny Green doing the usual: Hero last game and Zero tonite ( 0 for 6). We know that well. Ooops , Green just made one. Stephanie and her Golden Warriors going down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys are NOT livestock to be actioned off even if that means me missing out on meeting my TWC...for those new to my blog...that stands for Tall Weathered Cowboy :D

      You are so right about Danny Green and his inconsistency to make shots. Glad he is someone else's problem.

      Bear in mind that of the last 33 teams that were down 3 to 1 in the Finals only ONE beat those odds and that was the GSW. Really looking forward to tomorrow's game.

      Delete
  4. The recommendations seem to go 180 degrees every few years... Moderation and enjoy life!
    I watched this video https://youtu.be/OwNSAr7lJow then I had to go out & get some Ribeye Steaks for last night... it was good!

    Have a good weekend Ms Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, I do not know whether to thank you or kill you!

      I watched the whole video and then some because I have always wanted to learn how to grill. This guy obviously knows what he is talking about.

      The reason I said I did not know whether to thank you or kill you is because I am hungry (have not eaten all day) and now all I want is a succulent steak ((me shedding tears))...:-(

      Delete
    2. I watched it to see how to do it too! That butter at the end? Oh ya!

      Delete
  5. Lets face it these studies are just dumb. The air we breath is so full of toxins and the water is foul. I was told over and over about how bad red meat is so I stopped eating it. Now it's OK well now I can't afford to buy it. But I do like my chicken and pork so many ways to cook it so I'm stickin with it and my veggies. As long as we do moderation where good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Studies show that everything we Eat, Drink or Breath is bad for us but then other Studies show the opposite. Like you said moderation is what we all have to do.
    As for the tiredness, have you ever been tested for Sleep Apnea. We both have it and your symptoms are like ours.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been tested for Sleep Apnea as I do not have medical insurance. I looked it up and I do have some of the symptoms but not all.

      I was diagnosed with Fibromyositis but again do not have all the symptoms of that disease either.

      The only thing Sleep Apnea and Fibromyositis have in common that relate to me are insomnia, being tired all the time, forgetfulness, restless sleep and sleepiness while driving (the only reason I drink coffee when I drive out-of-town).

      I am certainly enjoying the A/C.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.