Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, June 24, 2019

Lower gas prices / Fly ribbon / Dollar Tree

Though I am not a morning person I am getting up early to beat the heat and humidity while taking care of my morning chores.  There are so many branches that fell during the Friday storm that I still need to pick up before trash day.

Had to run errands in town but got a late start.  As I drove by HEB was surprised that gasoline had gone down to $2.24 per gallon, that was not the case at Exxon, Stripes or Murphy Oil (Walmart).

I think I mentioned before that Del Rio has a fly, mosquito, and wasp epidemic...those suckers are everywhere.  I know I have fly ribbon from back when Walter (ex-horse of a neighbor to the south of mother's house).  Unable to locate it I went to buy some more at the dollar store...boy has the product gotten smaller...everything at the Dollar Tree has gotten smaller.


A couple of months ago I kidded that the Dollar Tree needed to change its name to The Three Dollar Store because with all the proposed tariffs on Chinese goods nothing is going to cost a dollar in the future.  I thought perhaps I had dreamt this but I actually saw a commercial for a store I had never heard of before...Five Below Store.  I suppose it is like the 99 Cents Only Store?

By the time I headed home I presume word had gotten out that HEB had the lowest gasoline price in town and there were LONG lines...you know my rule...so I went on my merry way.

The high today was 96 with a heat index of 104 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Dollar Tree for a while now so I haven't noticed the smaller items. But are gas is coming down but not as cheap as it is around your area. Yes getting chores done as early as possible with this heat, we are looking at 107 by Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shop at Dollar Tree more than I do at HEB or Walmart so I am privy to the shrinking portions of everything they carry from batteries to toothbrushes and everything in between.

      Glad your gasoline prices are coming down as well. Your temperatures are worst than ours, stay cool.

      Delete
  2. I hate passing up a good gas price but I'm not a fan of lines. Gasoline future prices are creeping up again, I'd rather they creep down :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the club Rob...JO, Andy, me and now you are members of "The Line Avoiders Club"...:)

      Delete
  3. Sure glad I am not boondocking at San Pedro these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I don't drive anymore I don't even look at gas prices. I'm sure the ones in CA are probably some of the higher prices in the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt California in particular during the summer months has some of the highest gasoline prices in the nation.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.