Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Thrilled to leave the house

I can not remember the last time I was so thrilled to drive into Del Rio proper.  My first stop was Tractor & Supply to buy the boys food.  When I got to the parking lot I started moving stuff from the car to the trunk to make room for my purchases.

All of a sudden a white truck hauling a long trailer parked sideways longways behind me and a man with a cowboy hat and yellow colored glasses (the type Marvin Zindler used to wear but his were blue tinted ones) got off and made a beeline towards me...WTH?

I guess he saw my puzzled look...then he said...don't you recognize me?  Then it hit me that it was...Pollito!  He looked taller like he had lost weight was dressed in a clean outfit with a brand new cowboy hat and "those yellow glasses".

He said my weeds were getting high and he could mow them next week.  I again for the umpteenth time told him that I wanted to wait until everything was dry because I did not want more ruts!  He was with a younger guy who was headed inside the store and he followed him as I kept on moving more stuff to my trunk.

It was a good thing that when I came back out he was gone.  Headed to the P.O. Box and it was crammed full that is when I realized it had been a week since I was last here.

Ran more errands and had planned on stopping at the Sirloin Stockade for lunch but when I got there the parking lot was full.  There is no way I am going to stand in line for anything...with the exception of perhaps a Los Lonely Boys concert.

Today we had a high of 91 and a low of 73 degrees...each day from now on it will be getting hotter.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

12 comments:

  1. A little cooler than that here in North Alabama. 68/82. Thinking of being back in Del Rio in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it will not be as cold next year as it was this past February.

      Delete
  2. Nice to get out and about finally and stock up again, yesterday was 58/84 quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitively nice to get out and about...also to see the rain go away.

      Delete
  3. Out and about! It's a good thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms B, the Garza bros will be at Gruene Hall August 23! But as long as we're speaking of how far heaven is ;-), they will be up at Ruidoso at the racetrack next weekend (June 23rd) with predicted highs around 80 & lows around 50. [*sigh*] Sure sounds like heaven about now, no?

    That's a 2-day drive for me coming all the way from over here in Steambath,TX but if you got up early, heck, you could make it for showtime! Bring a sweater. And, since he cleans up nice, maybe ask Pollito if he wants to pack up his yellow sunglasses & come too! ;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gruene Hall concert would be the closest one to me, do not think I could drive 475 miles without stopping and then attend one of their performances without finding out exactly how far is heaven...perhaps if I was 20 years younger :-(

      And NO...I would never even consider asking Pollito to come along no matter how nice he cleans up.

      BTW the Garza brother's patriarch Enrique is a fine looking TWC who also happens to be a widower.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm. A widowed TWC™, so that would make him "El Lonely Papi", fittingly enough.(wink-wink) Does the family still live in San Angelo? That's only a few hours from you & your excellent excuse for hanging outside Dad's house is that your TD blog readers have requested a photo tour of their illustrious family's landmarks. This time, ditch the sunglasses, wear makeup & take lotsa pictures!;-)

      Delete
    3. Lol, that is a good one Leilani..."El Lonely Papi"...I like that!

      I do not know if they still live in San Angelo or not. It is a three hour drive from Del Rio.

      Delete
  5. I used to watch Marvin Zindler. He became famous for closing down a notorious whore house. I always liked the way he signed off his part of the news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They broke the mold when they made Marvin, he was one of a kind.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.