Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, June 27, 2019

What is going on...yet another power outage!

This was definitively not an early rise day.  Though I was awake, my arms and back ached so I did not get up until eleven o'clock and could have stayed in bed even longer.  That is the problem with procrastination...sooner or later you pay the price times two.

Got an e-mail notification that my order was ready for pick up at Walmart.  Briefly considered going to pick it up. Concluded that it could wait until tomorrow.  Decided to have an early dinner when the lights went out at 4:51 p.m.  I was livid!

WTH is going on?  This time I was ready...the cell phone was charged...I had the correct number to report an outage not just in one room but in several. I had just finished bringing in the charged solar lights and this week I had frozen even more water bottles as well as 64 oz Apple Juice containers.

I was the first person to report the outage in my area per the individual who took my report.  After a while it got stuffy so I opened up the kitchen windows as we had SE 9 mph winds with gusts of 16 mph.

Turned off or disconnected the power strips to protect my electrical equipment as well as the air conditioning.  At 6:30 p.m. the electricity came back on after 2 hours and 19 minutes.  It lasted all of maybe 10 seconds when it went out again but not before I heard several transmitters blow.

At 7:02 p.m. the electricity was finally restored.  So today's outage lasted 2 hours and 51 minutes and I have NO idea what caused it.

I was too stressed out by the events so decided to make the trip to Walmart after all.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with keeping the power on.
    We never did worry about a power outage when it went out in our house many times, just turn on a flashlight and read, eventually it would come back on, sometimes a day or two later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the power went out at your house was it during the summer or winter? That makes a difference. We have had power outages that have lasted 24 hours before...I just can't imagine putting up with one that lasted two days.

      Canadians definitively have more patience than us Americans.

      Delete
    2. It good go out any time, we almost always had a wood burning stove that we could use for heat or cooking in the winter, summer was easy to cool down. I don't worry about much just go with the flow.

      Delete
    3. Our lights also go out at any time. However, it is more tolerable during the winter months as it does not get that cold here. In summer it is another story as our temperatures are usually in the three digit range and the house heats up quickly under these circumstances.

      Delete
  2. I don't think about often but keeping out modern world running is a very complex machine, it seems there are a great many weak links in it.
    The power did come back on.... :-)

    We paid an RV resort $21 last night so we could plug in and run the air conditioner. That was the Passport America price (1/2 off) so it was a deal! $21 so we could run the AC...

    Have a good Friday Ms Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your point about the complexity of our modern world. The reason I complain a lot about outages is because while the City of Del Rio may experience some they do not last as long as the ones for people that live outside of the city limits.

      We are considered the "red-headed step-children" of Val Verde County.

      I am not knowledgeable about overnight fees at RV resorts but I will take your word for it. On a hot night, I would have to break down and pay either full price or the rate you paid...I value comfort.

      Have a good weekend Rob.

      Delete
  3. I've also increased water storage now that we are looking for the monsoon season to get underway. Hope you don't have anymore problems with the electric going out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a good idea to store water in particular since we both technically live in the desert.

      I also hope this is the last of the electric outages for a while.

      Delete
  4. So PUMPED we are keeping Rudy Gay! GSG!

    Got an inch of rain overnite. Man, I need to get that generator.

    Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not watched television all weekend until this morning. I am glad the Spurs re-signed Rudy Gay he more than deserves it. I was afraid they would do the same thing they did to Jonathan Simmons. You are probably rolling your eyes as you read this but I can not let go of this...wish he was still a Spur.

      Had no idea it had rained so much in San Antonio. I guess it is better than being on Stage 2 or 3 water restrictions.

      Delete
    2. I do believe you know who he is...

      Delete
  5. And now Demarre too! I wanted him or Nene so bad. He'll be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nene???????? Forgive me for being surprised considering you "seem" to dislike anything Houston Rockets related.

      As for Demarre Carroll...I do not know anything about him but I trust in the powers that be in the Spurs organization.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.