Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, July 19, 2019

A nice and fulfilling lunch

As my regular readers know I do not go online until after midnight that is why I have my blog setting set to Pacific Time to give me an additional two hours to make my post for that day.  Yesterday I was two minutes shy of that deadline so please excuse me for all the typos and grammatical errors as I did not have time to review them before the time change.  I have now updated the previous post and clarified some items.

Definitively I had a full day yesterday but for the reason outlined above, I was not able to blog about it. As Chris Cuomo would say...let's get to it!

I was starving to death but we do not have breakfast buffets in Del Rio except on weekends at the Sirloin Stockade but as you know I am not a morning person unless I have not gone to bed.
I finally made my way to Sirloin Stockade for lunch and here is what I ate...OK, no food shaming guys :-)

I enjoy fish so like the last time I was here I had baked tilapia, macaroni and cheese, Brussel sprouts, zucchini prepared with tomato, cheese and cut up bacon. I was only going to put lemon on my fish but spotted some tartar sauce, unfortunately, I did not intend for a big blob to fall on my plate.

First dish
 Did I mention I was hungry?  This time no mac and cheese...

Second portion

They usually have three soups.  One was beans (not a fan) the other some creamy soup (per my doctor should avoid) and then a version of Caldo de Res (Mexican Beef Stew).  While I ate it, it had a different taste perhaps due to some unknown spices, white rice and too salty.

Caldo de Res
I am not big on sweets or desserts and on my last visit the ice cream cone machine was broken but not today so I indulged ;-)

My snow cone
It was very hot yesterday with a low of 78 and a high of 102 with a heat index of 105 degrees.

For some reason I am having problems with the spacing, it is not intentional and I have no idea how to fix it. Sorry about that.

Good night,  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

14 comments:

  1. Now you went and made me hungry. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy!!! I am so glad to hear from you I was so worried about you!

      I just made myself hungry as well...wish I had "someone" to cook for me :-(

      Where is my Tall Weathered Cowboy (TWC) who is a great chef?...heck at this point in my life I would even settle for a mediocre one...jajajajaja :D

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you ate all that in one sitting! Even dessert! Seems like a pretty healthy meal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the zucchini, I immediately thought of you and your vegetable garden!

      While the mac & cheese is not on my "allowed list" I think I did pretty good with my other choices...well except for the snow cone...but there is no reason to tell anyone :D

      Delete
  3. oh yummy looks like a wonderful lunch buffet. that would be our meal for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me it was. Could not eat anymore after that.

      Delete
  4. The food looked well balanced but you need practice making your Ice Cream Cone. You'll never get a job at Micky D's like that. LOL!
    Be Safe and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the machine was malfunctioning, I was seated close to it and watched people trying to serve themselves a cone. Nothing was coming out of it until a employee poured a mixture into it.

      When I went to pour my cone I was not fast enough to make it swirl and ended up with what you see :D

      Delete
  5. That is a pretty good looking plate of food. You don't indulge that ofte so the mac n cheese is fine and so was the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly enjoyed it. It had a been a long time since I had eaten mac & cheese or an ice cream cone.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Certainly, when you and Little Foot come into town I will invite you all.

      Delete
  7. A breakfast buffet is a dangerous thing in my world! But it does look like you did ok with the lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a dangerous thing in my world as well because I love breakfast. It is a good thing I do not get up early and can only make lunch :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.