Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Restless night / Unorganized / National Ice Cream Day

Friday I had such a restless night. I tried to go to bed early I usually leave the television on low to lull me to sleep. Briefly woke up and turned it off only to hear the music from the rowdy neighbor that the TV was masking.

That did it, woke me right up.  Fortunately, it did not go on for long.  I laid there for two hours before I gave up and got up.  Watched some shows I have recorded on my DVR but could still not fall asleep.

I have been looking for three documents for some time now.  I am sure they are here and not in Houston but just the thought of having to go through all my boxes is discouraging.  I remember when I was so organized while working a full-time job and frequently having to shuttle back and forth from Houston to Del Rio. What excuse do I have now?

Not surprisingly we have been having power spikes though they only last a few seconds they mess up the cable box and internet and it takes 9 minutes for them to boot back up.  Why does it take so long?  I got tired of resetting the clocks so I just disconnected them as well as the flashing microwave.

While it has been hotter than usual in all the nation it has been the same or near the same in Del Rio in the 102 to 104-degree range.  Not even an e-mail from Dairy Queen offering a free small cone today to celebrate National Ice Cream Day lured me to drive to town.  Already had my cone last week.

We are finally going to get a break on Tuesday as thunderstorms are forecasted that will lower the temperatures to the low 90's.  We need some rain as the ground is starting to show it.

Cracked ground

Hope my readers did not suffer too much under this heatwave, in particular, those that live in areas that do not normally need air conditioning during the summer months. Have an early appointment tomorrow so plan on going to bed at a reasonable hour and hopefully get a good nights rest.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Too bad there is not noise bylaw in your area. After a few costly Citations your neighbour might keep the noise down.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the cooler temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe there are some noise ordinances in the county after certain hours during the week and others that apply for the weekend but I am not sure what they are.

    He starts early gets drunk and quits by midnight. If he is still drinking he comes outside and sits in his truck to listen to the music but no one calls the police including myself. I just turn up the TV.

    The guy does not seem to be all there and who knows what he might be capable of doing to retaliate. If he does not take into account his parents, his wife and three kids he certainly is not going to care about the neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you get some sleep tonight. Man I would hate having that guy for a nieghbor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know why everytime I have to go out-of-town I get nervous thinking I am going to over sleep so end up wide awake. Hope that is not the case tonight.

      I do believe even his parents hate having him there after all the poor step-father has to support them all.

      Delete
  4. It's late Sunday night, I hope you go to sleep ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sacramento has been hot and the heat will continue, but it is normal Sac weather. I do feel bad for people who don't normally have really high temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the news saw that you reached 100 degrees yesterday hope it is not as bad for you today.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with decent sleep. weather cooling down here now, as we move on down the road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least your weather cooled down we were hoping for rain yesterday but it bypassed us

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.