Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Why I shop at the Dollar Tree

To be factual Del Rio is very much a small town by Texas standards.  We only have two grocery stores...HEB and Super Walmart.  While they both have somewhat reasonable prices, I prefer to shop at The Dollar Tree.

This past Friday, I got an early start to beat the hideously high temperatures we have been having in the area.  Bread is usually not a staple that is easily found at the Dollar Tree but I finally scored some.





For my readers NOT from Texas or USA...all items at the Dollar Tree...cost a dollar.

I had to head to Walmart for some other items.  As I went by their bread aisle, I was very happy that the two bread items I bought at Dollar Tree saved me $4.96.  At Walmart the cost of the same item at Dollar Tree was $3.48 each times 2 = $6.96




While at Dollar Tree I ran into Heinz Hot & Spicy Ketchup...being that I do not use ketchup that much I almost walked away until something caught my eye... that being that this was no ordinary bottle of ketchup after spotting the Tabasco trademark.



I have been hiding out and have not left the house all weekend.  With temperatures prognosticated to be in the triple digits all this week, I am glad I am stocked up and do not plan to move an inch.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams...though it is 6:35 a.m. and have yet to go to sleep...:-(




Walter's World

With Walter's departure and/or my lack of being able to walk over to his corral have mostly blogged about my little stray dogs (now also departed) as well as my boys (the cats)...I have a new post and video about the new tenants at his corral. 

You may click on my header picture to take you there or follow this link...

http://mylittlewalter.blogspot.com/


12 comments:

  1. I am a DT shopper too, Ss. Batteries, readers, Awesome dish soap, detergent and softener, birthday cards and toys for grand-nephew all make it a worthwhile trip.

    No mention of Polito. Good luck with that and get some shuteye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dollar Tree is the only store remaining that still sells all of its merchandise for that amount.

      I used to love the .99 Cents Only Store when I lived in Houston but the truth of the matter was that they went up on their prices and very little remained .99 cents only.

      Pollito is not going to come by anytime soon and that is something I have to accept. He wants to monopolize the little competition he has in Del Rio in particular in Val Verde County.

      Delete
  2. I'd have tried the ketchup, I'm a fan of Tabasco sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know you were a fan of Tabasco sauce welcome to the club :)

      Did you pay a dollar for it?

      Delete
    2. I've never seen the Tabasco flavored ketchup but I'd buy it if I did! I buy the Tabasco sauce in the big bottle.

      Delete
    3. I really like Whataburger Spicy Ketchup that they sell at HEB but it is pricey. Just looked it up on Amazon and it goes for $7.11

      https://smile.amazon.com/Whataburger-Condiments-Pack-Spicy-Ketchup/dp/B00CUFR7EK/ref=sr_1_4?crid=12KYW8CTWN79X&keywords=whataburger%2Bspicy%2Bketchup&qid=156

      The Heinz Hot and Spicy Ketchup that I bought for a dollar is selling for $8.45 at Amazon that is highway robbery!

      https://smile.amazon.com/Heinz-Ketchup-Blended-TABASCO-Squeeze/dp/B00HYR3LWG/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=heinz+spicy+ketchup&qid=1563402913&s=grocery&sr=1-6

      Delete
  3. At Dollar Tree, The Dollar Store, etc., in CA, all items are $1,00. I didn't shop at dollar stores i when I lived in NC because their merchandise included things that cost up ro and over $10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Del Rio we have Dollar General, Family Dollar and The Dollar Tree but only Dollar Tree actually sells everything for a dollar.

      Delete
  4. What a deal on that bread! I haven't been to the Dollar Tree in a while as it isn't to close to me. But used to shop there all the time up North. Family Dollar and the Dollar General have nothing for sale at a dollar unless it's some cheap plastic garbage.
    Hope you got some sleep
    The colt is so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure got a good deal on the bread left me with $4.96 to spend on other items. I share your opinion on Family Dollar and Dollar General.

      I called the little horse a pony because I am not sure if it is a boy or a girl but it is definitively cute.

      Delete
  5. Oh yes, that Dollar Tree bread is a wonderful bargain for me also. Yet today it is there only on Friday and astute shoppers KNOW this so I'm a 'lucky duck' if I score a purchase now. The bread rack gets emptied in very quick time - say like an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Del Rio the bread deliveries flip flop they are not limited to certain days. I had not been able to score some in a long while so was over the moon when I spotted it.

      It looked like it had just been stocked and yes it goes fast. I also used to buy a carton of 18 eggs but then they cut it down to 12 eggs and I can buy those for .88 cents at HEB.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.