Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Captured some rain water

Last night the power went out twice so did not bother to reset my clocks just unplugged them to keep from watching them flash...I told you I was lazy!

I, therefore, had no idea what time it was and when I finally checked it was past the time to start my morning walk.  Bit the bullet and went anyway.


Last night's rains brought with it heavy winds. This trail has nothing but mesquite trees and there were mesquite pods everywhere.  The good thing about the rains was that it settled the dust down and my socks and tennis shoes weren't as dirty.



I was able to fill a 32-gallon trash can (used only for this purpose).  Had three others that unfortunately were blown over by the winds so missed out on adding to my primitive rain catchment.


I did manage to fill these tubs that I used when I had my little stray dogs Pedrito, Tammie, and Oscar.


Today we had a high of 104, low of 81 with a heat index of 110 degrees.  Needless to say, I did not go anywhere.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

12 comments:

  1. Yep, a low of 81 a common low August temperature for this area.

    I am surprised I managed to get this post entry published as the cable, internet, and home phone went out at midnight.

    I can't even post as myself from my cellphone. Darn, guess I will have to go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that you did get some rain and morning walks are refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so needed the rain even though with it came even more humidity.

      Delete
  3. Our highs reached into triple digits today and the low will be around 66. Lows in the 60's at night are fine, and it usually stays comfortable until 11 or 12N. I'm noticing the heat now by 10am. I'll be glad when it gets cooler as Rocky doesn't even want to stay out for long in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice to have lows of 60's in the mornings. Rocky is a smart dog I do not blame him for not wanting to go outside. At least now he has his own backyard.

      Delete
  4. We hit 107 today and it was only set to be 101. Did go out with my daughter today and was lucky to park right at the door. We came right back home. I still haven't gone shopping but tomorrow is a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were not suppose to hit 107 either but that was the high yesterday (Friday August 16th) with a heat index of 110.

      Glad you were able to score a good parking spot. Once again got ready but could not bring myself to go out in the heat.

      JO, good luck to you on your shopping trip on a Saturday there is no way I can go shopping on a weekend unless it is very late in the afternoon.

      Delete
    2. I went at 7:30 am and the store was pretty empty it was still only moderately warm but by time I got home it started to get really hot again. So glad I went now it's done

      Delete
    3. Glad you were able to make it to the store JO. I had to force myself to drive into town this morning as I had not been by the post office since Monday and I was waiting on some mail.

      Was going to stop at HEB but by now it was around 9:30 a.m. and the parking lot was almost full. Decided to drive to Stripes and purchase my milk there instead.

      Had every intention to drive back this afternoon but with a high of 107 and a low of 79 decided to stay in the cold A/C. Maybe tomorrow?

      Delete
  5. Yep, summer is here in vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to my Houston friends and they were telling me how hot and humid it was.

      Stay cool.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.