Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Fake social media reports

During the NBA season, I have often wanted to learn how to tweet.  Blog reader Leilani even went to the trouble of writing out a long list of instructions on how to go about doing that but as you know I am computer challenged.

Then there are times like today that I am glad I am not on social media.  Per San Antonio news stations learned that some idiots had the Eagle Pass area in a total panic today.  A woman went online to say that a friend of the El Paso mass murderer had posted on social media that he was headed to Eagle Pass to shoot up the town.  She told everyone not to go to Walmart or HEB and that the police were already in the stores to prevent the soon to be mass shooting.

Everyone around here is already stressed out enough for some stupid idiot to be pulling these kinds of pranks on the population.  Not to be left behind someone posted that there was a man with a gun at Del Rio High School.  What are these people thinking?

Did anyone see the panic caused at Times Square?  It appears a motorcycle or a car backfired and people thought it was gunshots and took off running for their lives.  Yes, there are a lot of us whose nerves are on edge and apparently not just in Texas and Ohio.

On another note, I was a little down three weeks ago because several people I knew passed away.  It seems to come in spurts and once again it has happened.  The truly sad part is that two of the deceased are young people and sons of former classmates.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


6 comments:

  1. Things do get pretty scary at times, and always sad when from especially younger ones pass away. Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a mother but I envision that losing a child is probably one of the worst things a parent would ever have to endure. Life is indeed short.

      Delete
  2. To me it is beyond belief that people would try to frighten people by talking about more mass shootings. !I got off social media years ago and have never looked back. What a waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not the only one that has told me that. Glad I never started.

      Delete
  3. I am also tired of it and am taking a break from all this crap on FB and on the news. I've said my piece and now I want some calm and peace .These people are total idiots to start these kinds of awful rumors at such bad times. I guess they don't realize they can be tracked down and arrested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want some calm and peace myself, it has been a difficult week. I certainly hope that woman is arrested and processed to the fullest extent of the law.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.