Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Finally...liquid gold!

After my walk and morning chores took a shower and got ready to drive into town.  Today was trash day so walked to the gate to bring in the container when I realized it was too hot to go anywhere.  We had a high of 105, a low of 78 with a heat index of 108 degrees.

There is absolutely NOTHING I need bad enough to subject myself to face those temperatures even in an air-conditioned vehicle.  It was so hot even snakes came out...though they were only garden snakes (I hope) I am terrified of them...you can read more about that in the boys (cats) blog http://mylittlewalter.blogspot.com/

Was surprised that the San Antonio six o'clock news said we had severe thunderstorms in the northern and central parts of Val Verde County that had dumped more than two inches of rain. Immediately went outside to look at the sky.


Well, what do you know?  Looks like we had a chance for a stray shower.


Brought in some fine hand washables but decided to leave the heavier items on the clothesline as I was not totally sure the rains would make it to the southern tip of Val Verde County where we live.


Had all but given up when at 8:30 p.m. it started thundering and then we had a very welcomed shower.  Did not even try to make a run to the clothesline to bring in the clothes.

I was surprised that at 9:42 p.m. we had not one but two power outagesPower companies have been warning us to cut down on usage during peak hours of 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. so have no idea why we would have one at this hour.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Rain is a good thing I'd think in your part of the world. I'm thinking that you're in a dry area but I could be making a wrong assumption.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wrong assumption Rob...this is technically the West Texas desert. The first part of the year was wetter than usual but we have not had rain in a while and my rain catchment has been dry for a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  2. I've been getting power provider emails as well, asking us to cut back on AC usage during those hours. Glad you got some rain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain was very needed in this part of Texas.

      Delete
  3. A nice rain storm should bring some relief to the heat if you are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It brought some relief in the evening and early morning but after that it was humid and very hot.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you I was suposed to go grocery shopping to so I got up jumped it the shower and got ready to go. I opened the door and came right back in and it was only 8:30am. We topped out at 110 again today. excessive heat warnings just dropped off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today Thursday-August 15th we had a high of 104, low of 81 with a heat index of 110 so did not head to town either.

      Glad that at least your excessive heat warnings have expired.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.