Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, August 12, 2019

Misplaced medication / Lower Gasoline Prices / Really Hot

Woke up before the alarm went off this morning. Had an early appointment so of course, I could not go to sleep last night for fear of oversleeping.

I misplaced my medication and I have looked high and low for it. For the past couple of days, my blood pressure has been HIGH so bit the bullet and went and bought some more.  Good thing it is in the low-cost drug formulary that most larger stores honor.

My pharmacy of choice is HEB as I still can not bring myself to go into our local Walmart.  Was told it would be two hours before they would have it ready so promptly left to run other errands.

Gasoline has gone down to $2.379 per gallon for unleaded gasoline at HEB.  Was going to fill up after I picked up my medications but it was way too hot by the time I made my way back to the pharmacy.

We had a high of 107 a low of 79 and a heat index of 109 degrees.  We are going to be in the triple digits for days to come.  Hope it is a lot cooler from wherever you read me.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


8 comments:

  1. Today was the last of the 98 degree weather here, I had to take the truck to emissions and was going to wait until Wed. then heard about 110 possible high so I took off the this morning and I'm glad only waited about 15 min. Tomorrow I'll do a quick run to the store and then shut myself back in for the rest of the week. Stay cool if possible with these temps your having to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you got the emissions test out of the way before the heat once again descends on your area. I have yet to even change the license sticker on my windshield!

      Stay cool as well.

      Delete
  2. Much cooler here high 50's over night. and low 80's during the day. Nice that you git your meds again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are having truly wonderful temperatures in your area. It was nice to finally be able to take my medication again.

      Delete
  3. I don't generally mind warm daytime temps (ok, above 100 is pushing it) but lows that warm are just not good sleeping weather.
    I saw $3.19 gas yesterday! I saw $3.26 too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that the older I get the less that I can tolerate hot temperatures.

      You have good gasoline prices in your area. Now that kids are back or will soon be back in school the demand for gasoline is going to go down and thus the prices...looking forward to that.

      Delete
    2. Those prices were $3 plus a gallon, I'm out in Washington state. No idea why the west coast is always high but it is.

      Delete
    3. I swear my eyesight gets worst with each passing day. I saw $2.19 and $2.26 a gallon instead of the $3.19 and $3.26 you referenced. Sorry about that.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.