Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, September 16, 2019

Hope you filled up your gasoline tank

When I heard of the attacks on the Saudi Arabian oil fields my first instinct was to drive to town to fill-up before the price went up.  Being the Queen of Procrastination decided it could wait until this morning.

Arrived at the HEB pumps at 9:34 a.m. along with a lot of other people for this time of the day.  Was able to fill up at $2.179 per gallon for unleaded gasoline.  Hope you all were able to fill up today as well.

Was going to head home and come back later but decided to tackle the shopping now that I was already here.  Was glad to see that the price of avocados finally went down to .77 each.

Nothing makes me madder than knowing I have a certain item at home and not being able to find it.  I know I have empty pet food bags that I use to bag up grass clippings and those pesky mesquite pods.  Brokedown and bought the 30-gallon paper lawn and leaf bags.  Hopefully, my procrastination will not get in the way and I can tackle that chore before trash day.

Saturday morning I went to check on the cats only to find that the worthless neighbor's truck was once again parked at his parent's house.  Have not heard a peep out of him for now.  I thought perhaps he had come back without the wife and kids but I think I saw her this afternoon :-(

Today we had a high of 100, a low of 75 with a heat index of 105 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Betty Boop Saying of the Day



14 comments:

  1. Gas was still $3.19/gal this afternoon, that's what it's been here for weeks. That will change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty high Rob. Hate to think what it will go up to in the future.

      Delete
    2. I really don't know why a gallon of regular costs a dollar a gallon more on the west coast than it does in most of the country.
      https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure but blogger Gypsy who lives in California says that in her case it has to do with the summer mix which is more expensive to produce.

      Delete
  2. Our Gas here is Canada about $1.17 a litre ($3.33 US funds for a gallon) Good luck with your yard clean up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd 'heard' that the taxes on fuel in Canada are what pays for the medical up there. Seemed like a reasonable way to do it to me.

      Delete
    2. George, I have to agree with Rob and probably a large number of Americans who would be willing to pay higher gasoline prices for the privilege of having "free medical" as you have in Canada.

      Delete
    3. Fuel and alcohol are the big ones 30 cans of beer is $48.00 or more! 1.75 litre alcohol $62.00!If you don't drive or drink everything alas tis pretty close, most camping $60 a night or more as well.

      Delete

  3. I was LUCKY Sunday with my Magical Murphy card at a rate of $2.079.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were indeed lucky that was a fabulous price.

      Delete
  4. I might have to quit drinking beer if the price gets to $48 for 30 cans. I'm grumbling because Costco has gone up in price to $24 for 24 bottles, or $1 each. A 1.75L bottle of Dewar's scotch is about $24 - same price as the beer. But I'm noticing a rise in the price of food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George is Canadian that is why he has to pay so much for gasoline, beer, liquor and a few other things but on the flipside he gets free health coverage.

      My blood work at our local hospital went from $40 per test to over $1,000.00 after Trump was elected fearing that he would do away with Obama Care. That is when I took my business to Mexico where I pay less than a hundred dollars for four to five tests.

      So I would gladly pay the $900.00 difference and buy beer even at $48 or more dollars.

      While I prefer Coors Light I buy cheaper beer like Natural Lite 30 pack for $16.98 that comes out to .57 cents per beer a bargain in my book.

      I remember you mentioning in your blog that you had noticed a rise in the price of food. So far I have not but if this gasoline crisis continues I am sure we will soon see a rise in price for everything.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad I don't drink and don't do much driving. I heard on the news tonight that the oil fields are almost back up so the gas hike shouldn't happen. But one shouldn't believe everything your hear on the news these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be glad you do not drink JO and do little driving. Though like I mentioned I would gladly pay more for gasoline, booze and other things that Canadian have to pay higher prices for in exchange for free medical coverage.

      I fell asleep last night before the evening news (a great thing for me) so had not heard about the oil fields in Saudi Arabia almost being back up.

      I agree one should not believe everything one hears these days but I trust CNN and MSNBC to report the facts. Though yesterday I was disgusted at the congressional hearings and turned it off.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.