Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Reminiscing about past Chili Cook-off's

I woke up to another wonderful and cool day.  I have been reading old posts about the Chili Cook-off to help me remember things that worked but mostly those that did not so I can take into account as I plan for this year's event.

I did not start this Cyber Journal until 2011 though I do have written journals of prior years but they are in my Houston house but thankfully I can still recall them.

I sure wish my friends from the early 2000's would once again make an appearance.  I am referring to Jeelbare, Sandy, and Charlie...I really miss you guys!  I know you are usually in the area so why not drop by and share a cold one with me?

Just letting you know ahead of time ...if you try to leave a comment and it does not show up...it is because I have placed my blog on "comment moderation".  Upon my return, I will answer your questions and you will see my reply.

Please do not ask when I am leaving or when I will be back as of this time I do not know the answer to that question and even if I did for my personal safety I prefer not to address that question.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



8 comments:

  1. Not going to make it again...

    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/terlingua-international-chili-championship-and-food-festival-tickets-56514831382

    We are not anywhere near Texas this time of the year so I've got to do some better planning! More money would allow the trip too but better planning sounds way more likely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next year?

      Thanks for the link too bad the Early Bird as well as the Advance tickets are sold out. Will just have to pay the $40.00

      Delete
  2. Well you will have fun can't wait to hear about it .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing all my friends and partying in the desert.

      Delete
  3. Hope you get to go this year. I sure wish I could afford a tent like that. Looks really easy to put up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terlingua with its heavy winds requires a strong tent and this one is Burningman approved where they have gale force winds and white-outs conditions.

      While expensive it is worth every penny and has already paid for itself many times over. When I bought mine it was the smallest one now they have an 8.5 x 6 model and they are all on sale https://www.competitiveedgeproducts.com/Flex-Bow-Canvas-Tents_c_12.html

      It is easy to put up by one person...however, the hardest part is pounding those 15 stakes to secure it in a rocky ground.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link. I want something I can spend rainy days in or really chilly and windy in because my camper isn't very big and I would go insane sitting in there with bad weather.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome JO. The first four years that I was in attendance even in a full-size van it was hard as I really needed a tent in order to get things off the van to be able to access them.

      Finally the fifth year I bought my first tent and it made all the difference in the world. Though I had to have someone set it up for me as I did not have a clue how to do it.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.